DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Thinking about an osmo pocket or gopro gimbal...???

I had the karma grip for my hero 5, it’s a great bit of kit but is so big that I never actually used it. I have just sold it and have bought an OP and am very impressed! The DJI kit with the WiFi adapter, thumb wheel and GoPro mount adapter is invaluable, I got some SKYREAT ND filters, a phone holder and my old gorilla pod.

Reactions: monchan
I had the karma grip for my hero 5, it’s a great bit of kit but is so big that I never actually used it. I have just sold it and have bought an OP and am very impressed! The DJI kit with the WiFi adapter, thumb wheel and GoPro mount adapter is invaluable, I got some SKYREAT ND filters, a phone holder and my old gorilla pod.

May I ask why you feel the thumb wheel is invaluable?

I just ordered that kit today. I cant get the gimbal to move. fat thumbs or screen protector?
But I sure am looking forward to using the wheel.

Oeps, was an answer to the guy who took the Gopro but never used it and the answer ended at the end:
Haha, little bit like my experience. Took the Gopro everywhere on travel but stayed in my bag.
The pocket is a joy to use. Also the time-lapse feature is very user friendly.
Now we just have to wait for the 1inch sensor if it goes the same way as the Mavic Pro, next year...?
Will certainly go for it because of the better DR it will provide.

Last edited:
I agree that the OP is the way to go. Im just learning but I feel there's tremendous potential with the OP. I also had previously purchased the Osmo Mobile 2 and like that but now I've abandoned it in search of more with the Osmo Pocket.

On a norther note, I'm dumping my Osmo Mobile 2... Make me an offer...

As the title says I want to get a Osmo pocket or a gimbal for my GP hero 6.
A gimbal would be cheaper, but what would be the better system?

I would like to hear any input from users. experience, problems, opinions and suggestions.
I am no movie maker, and mainly want video that is not jerky rubbish that I get from my mirrorless pen-f, while camping or traveling with the family.
Cheers
I have had the Hero 7 Black for one year and recently bought the OSMO Pocket.

Hero 7 for all round great motion shots wet or dry conditions ... absolutely outstanding.

OSMO Pocket gives more low light flexibility and photography matching the quality I get using my Mavic Air drone, absolutely stunning. Taking action movies requires more body work to preventing bobbing. Still photography is far superior to the Hero 7.

Both are great portable cameras choices to have while travelling.

Hope that helps!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929