DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Pro - Add an Osmo Action or GoPro Hero 7 Black

RedSoxFan42

Reactions
Now that I have invested in the M2P and all the accessories, I decided I now need to complement my equipment with either the Osmo Action or GoPro 7 Black. They seem very similar in function and price. The GoPro technology has been around a long time. I would welcome any opinions on which way I should go. I typically shoot 4K at 30 FPS on my M2P and edit on Photoshop CC. Thanks.

I am sorry, what do you need the action camera for? are you mounting it on the drone? and how is that better than the actual drone cam?
I am considering the M2P and really interested in knowing your prospective?

I am sorry, what do you need the action camera for? are you mounting it on the drone? and how is that better than the actual drone cam?
I am considering the M2P and really interested in knowing your prospective?
Sorry for the confusion. At some point I felt aerial video via the drone was exciting, but a story gets even better when mixed with some ground video, hence the DJI Action Camera. Here is an example of using the M2P and the DJI Action camera in the same video.

BTW. After struggling trying to edit 4K video on my Laptop with an I7 processor and 16 mb of ram, I realized I was always rendering down to 1080P. Now I shoot 1080P at 30FPS and editing is much faster.

I’m very happy with my GoPro Hero 6 Black. Plus it’s waterproof to 30 feet. I use it snorkelling with a quick push on filter to get the CS blue out of the pics and movies. Runs for hours on a single battery.

I have two gimbals for that purpose. A Zhiyun Smooth 4 for my IPhone Xr and a Feiyutech G6+ for my Canon Powershot sx740hs. My Canon has 40 x zoom and 20 Mpix sensor. The phone camera is as good as any Gopro or Osmo cam. And when that not is enough I put my Canon on the stand.
I suggest you to look at a phone gimbal first before a new Gopro.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mountainmanflyin