DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Thinking about buying used Incomplete MA2 for parts and repair?

Slinky

Reactions
l have seen some real good deals on used MA2s. Is it worth the gamble to get one and send it in to dji for repairs?

If it's out of warranty, you could also send it to a third party repair center such as DJIDroneService.

It's like buying a used clunker. Depends on the price of the clunker and the cost to get it fixed, except you can't get a drone mechanic to check it out before buying.

If it's out of warranty, you could also send it to a third party repair center such as DJIDroneService.

It's like buying a used clunker. Depends on the price of the clunker and the cost to get it fixed, except you can't get a drone mechanic to check it out before buying.
I was thinking about getting it from ebay or offerup so having it checked out first is not an option. I have seen them with controler and most everything that comes with it but no batteries or everything but crashed. Most common issues are broken arms or camera issues after crashing. Staying away from the ones with water crashes. Seen them go for under $300. Anyone ever have Dji Drone Service repair one with the above issues?

It’s a gamble, the cost plus the repair could end up more than that of a used but fully working one, depends if you get lucky.
Thanks for some good feedback. It confirms some of the things that could go wrong with the buy used and fix plan. I now have to decide how much to spend on a new drone. Mini 2 or Air 2 for my first drone?

Thanks for some good feedback. It confirms some of the things that could go wrong with the buy used and fix plan. I now have to decide how much to spend on a new drone. Mini 2 or Air 2 for my first drone?
Mini 2, unless you need 4K 60fps and want to register with the FAA. Get DJI Care on it, too, since it's your first drone, and you might crash it while learning, since it has no obstacle avoidance.

The Mini 2 with Dji Care sure looks like it would be my best choice for now. Can you continue to renew or exstend the Dji Care past one year?