DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Thinking about returning MPP

serpa4

Reactions
Went for first flights today. App disconnected every flight, sometimes twice (latest FW on both quad and controller). Used both nexus 7 tablet and Galaxy S7. Had to use the RTH button twice which is nice it worked.
Gimbal flipped out once going everywhere for a few seconds.

Wow, having second thoughts now on keeping this. $1100 + 2 batteries, and multi charger.

I'd get it replaced. No way should one have that experience after spending that much on the Mavic.

Wish we could all be those guys that have had no problems with theirs since launch.

Reactions: olicoz
Guess DJI still hasn't fixed the gimbal freak out issue, even on the platinum.

LP

Asked for RMA just now. I'm not waiting for my return period to expire while waiting for support to say, sorry, update your device.
$1300+, should fly out of the box.

Besides the gimbal freak out issue which i think can be solve by replacing the ribbon cable(it's a thread about this) DJI app doesn't play friendly with Android OS(which there are plenty threads about)! You better off getting an ipad which will solve about 95% of your problems besides the occasional gimbal freaking out(plenty of threads about this). To think about it, I have not had a gimbal freak out since I left Android!!!

Reactions: Rbruz
Read all about it before I bought it. Tried several USB cables, two devices, matched firmware, tried one version older App from my tablet, and both on newest app version. Ive done different cables for the micro USB on the side of the controller and different ones for the bottom USB port. Just spent past 45 min trying to get it to connect even once this evening. No-go. This was the push I needed to request RMA.
Thanks, but not replacing a cable 1st day of ownership on a 1300 dollar setup. IF I built it myself, sure.
How dare you suggest I leave Android, what the heck! No, just kidding, but not leaving android or buying an apple product just to fly my $1300 quadcopter. Throw in a another $200-300? Nope.

Besides the gimbal freak out issue which i think can be solve by replacing the ribbon cable(it's a thread about this) DJI app doesn't play friendly with Android OS(which there are plenty threads about)! You better off getting an ipad which will solve about 95% of your problems besides the occasional gimbal freaking out(plenty of threads about this). To think about it, I have not had a gimbal freak out since I left Android!!!

You gimbal issue resolved by moving to iOS? Hmm.

I'm on iOS and have a gimbal reset nearly every flight. Can you link the thread where there's confirmation that the ribbon replacement fixes the mid flight gimbal reset?

Reactions: LeafPeeper
Read all about it before I bought it. Tried several USB cables, two devices, matched firmware, tried one version older App from my tablet, and both on newest app version. Ive done different cables for the micro USB on the side of the controller and different ones for the bottom USB port. Just spent past 45 min trying to get it to connect even once this evening. No-go. This was the push I needed to request RMA.
Thanks, but not replacing a cable 1st day of ownership on a 1300 dollar setup. IF I built it myself, sure.
How dare you suggest I leave Android, what the heck! No, just kidding, but not leaving android or buying an apple product just to fly my $1300 quadcopter. Throw in a another $200-300? Nope.
did you unplug the side cable when you tried the bottom usb

I like that apple has been suggested although there have been threads about ios not working with the platinum, air encoder fault

Screenshot_20171020-114326.png

R

You don't need to leave android to use the mavic. Despite what the doom mongers claim on here the app works perfectly on most android devices. And also has various issues on apple devices as well.
Are you using a nexus 7 2nd edition or first edition? Is it a verified good high quality USB cable (Anker or someone)? There are a lot (most) of terrible quality cables out there and quite simply most wont work too well.
Have you tried t on a factory reset clean install tablet. From my experience most people have horrendous amounts of bloat installed which use resources and slow down what is already a resource intensive app. Even worse, things like task killer, battery extenders etc destroy the app. The only true test to see where the fault lies is to test it on a clean install, factory reset device.

Before blaming the drone you have to rule out all the local issues hence a clean install tablet and a verified good quality USB cable (using the bottom not side connector).

Reactions: Former Member
You gimbal issue resolved by moving to iOS? Hmm.

I'm on iOS and have a gimbal reset nearly every flight. Can you link the thread where there's confirmation that the ribbon replacement fixes the mid flight gimbal reset?

I think at @Thunderdrones it was one of his threads or a thread create and he was mention a repairman to help with the gimbal issue. I think he said the gimbal ribbon needs to be thicker or replaced all together and that was the fix. "FOR ME", my issue with the gimbal has not risen since I left android.

Reactions: Former Member
My Nvidia Shield had nothing but issues until I set it back an OS level to Marshmallow, and since then it's been bulletproof.

I do totally agree it's idiotic I needed to do that, and I still hold a grudge against DJI accordingly. But it let me get on with things and start flying, which i enjoy immensely. It's an option to consider trying out if you feel like putting any more work into things.

Also, I would wager your issues are largely between your device and the app, not the Mavic itself. Just something to think about if you were considering returning the Mavic but buying a Phantom or something else DJI.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78