DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

This crap is why laws are being passed against drones

She did say she feared her nose might have been sliced off. So yeah, I think the first thing she would instinctively do is check the mirror.
It’s one thing to doubt a report, but to personally attack the person’s credibility (and photo) is a bit of a stretch. I think there is enough commentary on this incident on this thread and it’s time to shut it down.
If you fear that your drone hobby is jeapordised, have no fear. Looks like no new laws or restrictions seems to have come out of this incident. Let’s move on.

Look all I’m saying is if you had time to look at it laying on the ground to get a discription of it why not take it with you to turn in is all. I still think it looks like the GoPro karma tho. And they have had a massive recall on them for dropping out of the sky.

Last edited:
Look all I’m saying is if you had time to look at it laying on the ground to get a discription of it why not take it with you to turn in is all. I still think it looks like the GoPro karma tho. And they have had a massive recall on them for dropping out of the sky.

There's no confusion over what you are saying - you are back to your argument that because you think that your first priority would be securing the offending item in order to attempt to locate the pilot and demand compensation, even though you earlier commented that not everyone would do that, that somehow her account is not credible. That conclusion is completely untenable.

And it doesn't matter whether it was a Mavic or a Karma. She saw it briefly on the ground and having since looked at images of different drones has said that it looked like a Mavic.

Mind you on FB I saw another post, a newbie who decided to hide and fly his new Mavic Pro at a friend, thinking the technology would stop it from hitting the guy, only he was in sports mode. Fortunately the target saw it coming and ducked but if he hadn't, it could have done hin serious injury, potentially blinding him in at least one eye. As he posted, he didn't know sports mode switched off the anti collision technology.

Another newbie, 10 days with an air is posting videos flying over a busy beach (Brighton, UK) with sea gulls flying around. I find it somewhat despairing.

Re your last point, it's why I don't want to be thought of as "part of a drone community". I'm not part of a "car driving community" or a "coffee drinking community" - and the sad fact is the hype and easy availability of drones these days means that literally anyone with the money (or a credit card!) can buy one. Given that the average IQ is less than 100 that makes for an awful lot of stupid people out there and I have no wish to be associated with them thanks. Having said that, I'm sure I will be but that's not my fault.

My observation would be this: you ain't seen nuthin yet.

Wait a bit longer until a few Phantom 3s, with failing motors from extended use, get into the hands of the inevitable brain-dead herberts and 1.3 kgs of deadweight starts plummeting from several hundred feet up in the sky onto unsuspecting passers-by....then the "drone community" will be under scrutiny.

I think it has been mentioned in this thread already, but they have video of the exact spot where she supposedly was hit with the drone. Wouldn't they have video of the person coming to pick it up since she said it was gone when she came back?

Because from her perspective her face was all sliced up. There is a video showing a drone right in that area right at the time she states she was hit. Actual video.

It's becoming very predictable how these threads seem to evolve. It starts with denial that it could have happened, not based on any evidence - just wishful thinking. Then, once it looks like maybe it did happen, it progresses to trying to shift the blame elsewhere. Then we get the "who cares about a facial injury - it still hasn't brought down a large aircraft" or equivalent. With a generous sprinkling of any other non sequiturs that might distract from the issue.

It certainly doesn't paint a very flattering picture of a responsible drone community.
You said it!! What is wrong with people!??

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wqb3