DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

This crap is why laws are being passed against drones

Oh come on! Did you notice her hair was parted on the opposite side also. How could this be anything other than a hoax? Unless, wait,,,,,, one of the pics was with a mirror? If you only look for conspiracies, all you will seeare conspiracies.
Thank God....I thought I was the only one that saw a conspiracy...LMAO

Generally speaking, when people find themselves being hit, they react to it - whether it's voluntary or involuntary. Even with the high RPM of a Mavic, she would have moved her face back to avoid getting repeated impacts.

Also, the drone was moving downwards towards the ground so it may have hit her where she had clothing on.

The nose really does stick out.

It be both. There are drones that have have many colours. There are skins available for drones too. It's too small to be the Tello but Parot make multicoloured drones.

So, it might just be a matter of perspective. The camera has a different one from an impact to the face.

It's not.

Photo 1: taken almost immediately after the incident. Taken by somebody else because people normally don't do selfies with their eyes closed.

Photo 2: taken by the victim at home via mirror after cleaning wound. Taken using the higher resolution camera on the back of the phone rather than the selfie camera. Cropped to fit better.

Agreed. On all counts. Some people assume all drone stories are real. Even the known hoaxes. Others believe all are fake. Even the real ones.
First consider what is more likely. A girl was hit by a drone, or she faked it. Why fake it. Who would have something cut their nose then say, " I know. I'll claim it was a drone."? And then have security cam show a drone in the area? Why go through all that trouble? In life and in magic, usually the simplest explanation is the most likely. This is most likely real.

Reactions: mstevens
I think if she wasn't telling the truth and had an agenda, she would had made a bigger stink about it....kinda like BBQ-Becky did.

Reactions: JSKCKNIT
If this is true and that's all it did to her, I am revising my thoughts on whether a drone will bring down an airplane.

...In life and in magic, usually the simplest explanation is the most likely...

Hold the bus! If you throw in "magic" you are messing with the business edge of Ockham's razor!

upload_2018-6-5_21-23-52.jpeg

So, what is the simplest explanation? Look at top right corner of video posted in #92. Recognize the letters? Looks like they come from Russian alphabet...just saying...

Reactions: mrreddog
If this is true and that's all it did to her, I am revising my thoughts on whether a drone will bring down an airplane.
The danger is real. There's a lot of variables between a minimal impact and a major impact. Depending on angle and area of impact plus weight and momentum a drone on the side of an aircraft will at the least dent it. In an intake will have the capacity to shatter the rotor blades which creates more damage to the motor and causing it to flame out or jam up. Depending on the dependency of that motor can most certainly cause the plane to make an unscheduled impact at a most inconvenient location. At the least, it will force the plane to conduct an emergency landing. Hit a rotor of a helicopter and the scratch or dent can cause early metal fatigue which can be catastrophic if the craft doesn't land right away. I have seen birds of less than 5 lbs do nothing but leave blood stains, and others of the same weight totally destroy a motor causing an immediate ejection as the plane was too low to recover from the impact. Hit the body just right and a piece of panel can break off. Half the stork was left inside the airframe while the other half was ingested with no further damage to the aircraft. The plane did a straight line flight to the next runway and landed. It was safer than trying to turn around for a landing. That's flesh and blood. Hardened plastics will have a bigger impact with less weight behind it.

Huh?! Don't forget her face doesn't have a turboprop engine spinning at 30,000 rpm waiting to ingest that drone and then explode.

Reactions: JDawg
Yes, I get it and agree totally.
My comment was a sarcastic remark in that I think she'd have more damage to her face if a drone had ploughed into it.
Obviously it didn't come across too well.

I don't want this to go off topic to "drone v's airliner - who would win" so apologies to the OP if that's how it came across.

I’m just saying that for one in the video it looks most like the GOPRO KARMA DRONE that is also known for having software problems and dropping out of the sky. But also why wouldn’t you pick up the drone to turn it in?

But also why wouldn’t you pick up the drone to turn it in?

Because you were bleeding profusely and had other things to worry about? Because you know nothing about drones and were worried that it would start up and injure you again? Because the last thing on your mind at that point was whether a bunch of internet commentators would believe it happened unless you produced the actual device for inspection? At which point, of course, they would find some other reason to dispute your story.

Because you were bleeding profusely and had other things to worry about? Because you know nothing about drones and were worried that it would start up and injure you again? Because the last thing on your mind at that point was whether a bunch of internet commentators would believe it happened unless you produced the actual device for inspection? At which point, of course, they would find some other reason to dispute your story.
People don’t blink an eye to grab this to prove they’re point. And she went to the bathroom first to see the injury instead of looking for help or call 911 or reporting to a hospital. Most people who are truly in pain after being injured by any object will be in shock and look to others for help. Not walk to a bathroom to look at yourself.

People don’t blink an eye to grab this to prove they’re point. And she went to the bathroom first to see the injury instead of looking for help or call 911 or reporting to a hospital. Most people who are truly in pain after being injured by any object will be in shock and look to others for help. Not walk to a bathroom to look at yourself.

I doubt that she was concerned that it was a life-threatening injury and I don't find her reaction at all surprising. You probably should try to avoid projecting your behavior and expectations onto others and then reacting with suspicion when they don't conform.

Reactions: lisadoc
I doubt that she was concerned that it was a life-threatening injury and I don't find her reaction at all surprising. You probably should try to avoid projecting your behavior and expectations onto others and then reacting with suspicion when they don't conform.
I’m not saying she wasn’t hurt but as an EMT I’ve been on many calls big and small and seen a man find a golf ball that hit him and in the shin and caused bleeding well pumping gas and demanded it be finger printed to find who did. I’m Just saying most people these days want justice and to find someone responsible for what has caused them harm.

I’m not saying she wasn’t hurt but as an EMT I’ve been on many calls big and small and seen a man find a golf ball that hit him and in the shin and caused bleeding well pumping gas and demanded it be finger printed to find who did. I’m Just saying most people these days want justice and to find someone responsible for what has caused them harm.

Limited anecdotal evidence of other possible behaviors does nothing to discredit her account. It's very obvious that not everyone has that as their first priority after such an event. I'll bet you have also seen people not immediately demand forensic studies.

Limited anecdotal evidence of other possible behaviors does nothing to discredit her account. It's very obvious that not everyone has that as their first priority after such an event. I'll bet you have also seen people not immediately demand forensic studies.
No not always but about 75-80% of the time when a person has been injured because of someone doing something irresponsible they want to know who and why so that person can be held responsible. Doesn’t mater if it’s a drone to the face, golf ball the the shin, a drunk driver, or as petty as a simple mix up of a good order, the unfortunate world we live in now vast majority of the population wants to always hold other accountable wether it be right or wrong. I mean we have McDonald’s printing on coffee lids to be carful it’s hot because people go after them for burning themselves on it. People want to see much more black and white, who’s in the wrong and who’s in the right. That’s why I said what I said. As I was surprised and secptical on to her not grabbing any thing or person to figure out who’s responsible.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goadreams