DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

This crap is why laws are being passed against drones

That's pretty pathetic video for a "professional" surveillance system. Really curious about the missing arms. I'm not knocking her story, but those businesses need to up their surveillance game. Full HD quality cameras are cheap and can be used with existing old-school coax wiring (TVI). Much higher resolutions can be achieved with IP cameras. If nothing else, they should up their frame rates. It looks like the "best" video came from cameras taking snapshots once a second. Some of it looks like they videod the playback with a phone. Sad that security didn't know how to just download the video to a flash drive. But I see this all the time.

I just assumed the low res image from the security camera, making the arms like 1 pixel thick, gets aliased with the background, making imperceptible.
Or it might be the elusive Mavic Pro II, with only 2 arms. :eek: DJI was doing some testing, so they cleared the streets. And they had to quickly remove the drone, before there's real close up pics of it. Otherwise, Autel might copy. Ahh... the conspiracy!
Not the X-FILES!???!

Obviously I was not there but I am conflicted in as much as i can not understand how the injury is so small and localized. I would think a falling drone (straight down fall) would certainally made more contact either above or below her nose.
Secondly the point of injury is in a very recessed area of her face, her nose bridge area. How does any foreign object the size and weight and complexity of "any" drone contact in that isolated area and leave absolutely no other indication of contact.

If the drone was not "falling" but actually flying under some sort of control there would have to be some other contact . It all looks too surgically clean...there has to be more to this story.
mikemoose55

It's becoming very predictable how these threads seem to evolve. It starts with denial that it could have happened, not based on any evidence - just wishful thinking. Then, once it looks like maybe it did happen, it progresses to trying to shift the blame elsewhere. Then we get the "who cares about a facial injury - it still hasn't brought down a large aircraft" or equivalent. With a generous sprinkling of any other non sequiturs that might distract from the issue.

It certainly doesn't paint a very flattering picture of a responsible drone community.

Exactly why I rarely visit drone forums any more . Deny , deny , deny , shift blame then ridicule . SMH

Exactly why I rarely visit drone forums any more . Deny , deny , deny , shift blame then ridicule . SMH

The forums have all kinds of good information - I learn a lot from reading many of the threads. You just have to be self-disciplined enough not to get sucked into these kinds of discussions. They are simultaneously spectacular and depressing in the sheer stupidity of so many posts. And sometimes I'm apparently incapable of resisting the temptation to respond to them.

Here's something to think about...with all the ANTI-DRONE banter why didn't the news station do an interview with her...just asking...and I believe this would have been a much bigger story if it had "TEETH"

The forums have all kinds of good information - I learn a lot from reading many of the threads. You just have to be self-disciplined enough not to get sucked into these kinds of discussions. They are simultaneously spectacular and depressing in the sheer stupidity of so many posts. And sometimes I'm apparently incapable of resisting the temptation to respond to them.
Right...it's almost an addiction!!

Reactions: sar104
Here's something to think about...with all the ANTI-DRONE banter why didn't the news station do an interview with her...just asking...and I believe this would have been a much bigger story if it had "TEETH"

They did - it was in the video that @clackey linked to in post #16.

My last thoughts on this topic....
  1. The news report and victim said it was possibly a Mavic model, but completely disregarded the DJI Mavic knockoffs and lookalikes
  2. Racing droners love downtown areas....especially areas with parking garages. Some have a similar shape to a Mavic.
Stay safe and fly responsibly.

Not buying it, sorry.
The 'drone' in the pic looks more like a fly and the Police even said there wasn't enough evidence.
I'm sorry the girl was injured, but it was more likely to have been done by a toy, a Mavic would have done more damage to her.

Just my 2 cents - looking at the video, with a flying object without rear arms, I call this BS. If it was a "drone", she would have been lying face down on the pavement, when got struck by it.

Reactions: Jake 61
Without having seen the video, i can say that those little blades would cause a whole lot of damage to a persons face if they were hit. There would be MANY cuts, not just one. Those blades are screaming and they have some power behind them

Without having seen the video, i can say that those little blades would cause a whole lot of damage to a persons face if they were hit. There would be MANY cuts, not just one. Those blades are screaming and they have some power behind them

That's if she were hit with the blades while they were spinning and hit her directly on the face. A single cut does not rule out that she was not hit with a drone...just means there wasn't a direct hit of high spinning blades against her face.

That's if she were hit with the blades while they were spinning and hit her directly on the face. A single cut does not rule out that she was not hit with a drone...just means there wasn't a direct hit of high spinning blades against her face.
It could have been the body of the drone that hit her ...if it fell out of the sky there's a probability that the motors weren't running

I found an watched the video. Doesn't look like any drone i've seen on the market without rear arms. While the footage is poor quality, a white drone, as she put it, wouldn't show up black in a video, it would at least show up lighter. And honestly, the footage shows here walking, not running as she put it. So, while possible, i can't say i'm buying it.

Let's just break this down....

People are doubting.... something.... because the video does not show the rear arms and props? What are you doubting? It is a video of something flying. The video you are looking at where you can't see the legs is _extremely_ zoom in. It is not going to show much detail.

The video was taken and submitted by a third party that would not have any bias in this matter. The time of the video matches the time when the person states she was hit. The person has a cut nose and you can see her in the same video. She also says it was a drone.

I think it is pretty obvious that a drone hit her. There is the statement from the injured person, there is video of the drone and everything else matches up. I'm not sure what more people could want as proof.

Sure... maybe she hates dones. Maybe she fell and is simply saying that it was a drone. Maybe the hotel then had their video professionally edited to show something in the air because they hate drones as well. Maybe Santa will bring me everything I want this Christmas because I've been good.

The investigation was closed by the police as they have done everything that they can. This does not mean that it did not happen.

A drone flown by the irresponsible pilot hit this person. Won't be the first time, won't be the last. Baseballs and Frisbee's hit and hurt people every day.

Let's just break this down....

People are doubting.... something.... because the video does not show the rear arms and props? What are you doubting? It is a video of something flying. The video you are looking at where you can't see the legs is _extremely_ zoom in. It is not going to show much detail.

The video was taken and submitted by a third party that would not have any bias in this matter. The time of the video matches the time when the person states she was hit. The person has a cut nose and you can see her in the same video. She also says it was a drone.

I think it is pretty obvious that a drone hit her. There is the statement from the injured person, there is video of the drone and everything else matches up. I'm not sure what more people could want as proof.

Sure... maybe she hates dones. Maybe she fell and is simply saying that it was a drone. Maybe the hotel then had their video professionally edited to show something in the air because they hate drones as well. Maybe Santa will bring me everything I want this Christmas because I've been good.

The investigation was closed by the police as they have done everything that they can. This does not mean that it did not happen.

A drone flown by the irresponsible pilot hit this person. Won't be the first time, won't be the last. Baseballs and Frisbee's hit and hurt people every day.
Sooo...what do you think Santa will bring you?...just asking

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pleopard