DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

This crap is why laws are being passed against drones

Some of the surveillance camera footage in the link in post #16 suggests that there were not many people in that vicinity at the time of the alleged event.
Very true, but we did only have one angle. could have been people across the street? Behind her inside? Ect. Also doesn't beat the fact that she shouldn't have been wearing headphones.

Very true, but we did only have one angle. could have been people across the street? Behind her inside? Ect. Also doesn't beat the fact that she shouldn't have been wearing headphones.

There could have been people watching from numerous places, but the video evidence doesn't show any and so there is no basis to assert that someone must have witnessed the event.

There is no law against wearing headphones in public. If this event happened as described, are you suggesting that the subject was (partly?) to blame for not hearing it coming? What if she had been deaf? Or if it had been a very noisy environment?

There could have been people watching from numerous places, but the video evidence doesn't show any and so there is no basis to assert that someone must have witnessed the event.

There is no law against wearing headphones in public. If this event happened as described, are you suggesting that the subject was (partly?) to blame for not hearing it coming? What if she had been deaf? Or if it had been a very noisy environment?
I never said there was a law against it. Except when driving. You are not allowed to wear them while I live. It should be common sense not to wear them when in public. If I have Beats Studios on with near max volume, and there was a shooting right behind me, I'd have no idea... Or what if the police were telling you to freeze? You couldn't hear them right? Just common sense not to wear them in public. Maybe an earbud in one ear but not to the point where you block out the outside world. And don't quote me but I think she said she was listening to and audio book or something in her interview. Not 100% just what I think she said.

Reactions: dirkclod
I never said there was a law against it. Except when driving. You are not allowed to wear them while I live. It should be common sense not to wear them when in public. If I have Beats Studios on with near max volume, and there was a shooting right behind me, I'd have no idea... Or what if the police were telling you to freeze? You couldn't hear them right? Just common sense not to wear them in public. Maybe an earbud in one ear but not to the point where you block out the outside world. And don't quote me but I think she said she was listening to and audio book or something in her interview. Not 100% just what I think she said.

I don't really want to drag this out but, if there is no law against wearing headphones while walking on the sidewalk and, since it is a common practice, I don't see the relevance of it to being hit by an out-of-control UAV, or on what basis you assert that she should not have been wearing them. That may be your personal choice but does not hold for everyone else. What's next? We shouldn't wear hats because it will prevent us from seeing falling objects?

I don't really want to drag this out but, if there is no law against wearing headphones while walking on the sidewalk and, since it is a common practice, I don't see the relevance of it to being hit by an out-of-control UAV, or on what basis you assert that she should not have been wearing them. That may be your personal choice but does not hold for everyone else. What's next? We shouldn't wear hats because it will prevent us from seeing falling objects?
I thinks it may have been a MA...from what I've read on this site it appears to be a common thing with the MA...LMAO

We shouldn't wear hats because it will prevent us from seeing falling objects?
If hats were made compulsory there would be less risk from falling objects. :cool:
It's unfortunate she got cut however it happened.
Obviously all the other ways people accidentally get minor cuts on a daily basis do not deserve newspaper headlines and hysterical overreaction.
I thought these things were easily capable of bringing down a 747 so quite lucky to get a little nick really.

It's becoming very predictable how these threads seem to evolve. It starts with denial that it could have happened, not based on any evidence - just wishful thinking. Then, once it looks like maybe it did happen, it progresses to trying to shift the blame elsewhere. Then we get the "who cares about a facial injury - it still hasn't brought down a large aircraft" or equivalent. With a generous sprinkling of any other non sequiturs that might distract from the issue.

It certainly doesn't paint a very flattering picture of a responsible drone community.

If hats were made compulsory there would be less risk from falling objects. :cool:
It's unfortunate she got cut however it happened.
Obviously all the other ways people accidentally get minor cuts on a daily basis do not deserve newspaper headlines and hysterical overreaction.
I thought these things were easily capable of bringing down a 747 so quite lucky to get a little nick really.
Great observation about the 747 and a cut nose!...

I'm saying it is common sense that you shouldn't be wearing headphones in public. Like I said, what if there is a shooting right behind me? I'd never know...

Reactions: Thwyllo
I to believe there's more to the story... that being said this is really all the anti-droners need...more fuel for the fire!!
Too bad if a drone did actually cause her harm. One part of this story is odd to me. Just speaking for myself, if something like a drone hit me and dropped to the ground, I would have instantly picked it up. Sure, she wanted to examine her injury, but she’s not GUSHING blood. Interesting she didn’t instinctively grabbed the evidence.
Oh well, it’s in the past.
Fly safe and REALLY fast! Lol....JUST kidding!

Reactions: Classic flyer
Too bad if a drone did actually cause her harm. One part of this story is odd to me. Just speaking for myself, if something like a drone hit me and dropped to the ground, I would have instantly picked it up. Sure, she wanted to examine her injury, but she’s not GUSHING blood. Interesting she didn’t instinctively grabbed the evidence.
Oh well, it’s in the past.
Fly safe and REALLY fast! Lol....JUST kidding!
Always Fly Safe...All Ways!!!

No witnesses, It "landed" in front of her, She didn't pick up the drone. Nobody saw the person pick up the drone and leave. And How did she explain to the cops that a drone, that is not there, with no witnesses, hit her in the Face. I also think there would be more damage.

No witnesses

Correct.
, It "landed" in front of her,

Correct.
She didn't pick up the drone.

Correct.
Nobody saw the person pick up the drone and leave.
Correct.
And How did she explain to the cops that a drone, that is not there, with no witnesses, hit her in the Face.

You just explained how - it was alleged to be a collision between the drone and her face - no other parties required on scene.
I also think there would be more damage.

Speculative.

Almost full marks for comprehension until you lost it at the end there.

You always hear this would never happen in my neighborhood then it does so really no matter where
you live always be aware of your surroundings .

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PetefromNZ