DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

This crap is why laws are being passed against drones

So based on the video, she said she was hit where the tree obstructed the view. Which means the security footage might have been able to capture who was walking pass that area to pickup the drone.

So based on the video, she said she was hit where the tree obstructed the view. Which means the security footage might have been able to capture who was walking pass that area to pickup the drone.

I read about this earlier today. There is footage of the drone, but the drone appears black. She described it as white. I think there is more to this story.
And if a drone fell on her head, I would imagine the damage would be much greater. I don't know. Maybe it fell in front of her head and a prop scratched her nose.

Mind you on FB I saw another post, a newbie who decided to hide and fly his new Mavic Pro at a friend, thinking the technology would stop it from hitting the guy, only he was in sports mode. Fortunately the target saw it coming and ducked but if he hadn't, it could have done hin serious injury, potentially blinding him in at least one eye. As he posted, he didn't know sports mode switched off the anti collision technology.

Another newbie, 10 days with an air is posting videos flying over a busy beach (Brighton, UK) with sea gulls flying around. I find it somewhat despairing.

Mind you on FB I saw another post, a newbie who decided to hide and fly his new Mavic Pro at a friend, thinking the technology would stop it from hitting the guy, only he was in sports mode. Fortunately the target saw it coming and ducked but if he hadn't, it could have done hin serious injury, potentially blinding him in at least one eye. As he posted, he didn't know sports mode switched off the anti collision technology.

Another newbie, 10 days with an air is posting videos flying over a busy beach (Brighton, UK) with sea gulls flying around. I find it somewhat despairing.
One can only hope they get busted before they hurt, kill or destroy somebody or something

I just checked out the DEVON DEWY

I just looked at the pictures of the woman hit by the drone (DEVON DEWEY) and in the 2 pictures (side by side) the injury to her nose appears different in one picture to the other...quite interesting!

The forums have all kinds of good information - I learn a lot from reading many of the threads. You just have to be self-disciplined enough not to get sucked into these kinds of discussions. They are simultaneously spectacular and depressing in the sheer stupidity of so many posts. And sometimes I'm apparently incapable of resisting the temptation to respond to them.
Yea I like these threads in that they give me a bit of a insight into how people think and their intelligence and feeling of superiority levels. Makes it easier to make judgements on other posts they make elsewhere

I just looked at the pictures of the woman hit by the drone (DEVON DEWEY) and in the 2 pictures (side by side) the injury to her nose appears different in one picture to the other...quite interesting!
Look at her hair, for some reason one frame has been reversed
Strange thing to do, if trying to document an injury.

Reactions: Classic flyer
Obviously I was not there but I am conflicted in as much as i can not understand how the injury is so small and localized. I would think a falling drone (straight down fall) would certainally made more contact either above or below her nose.

Generally speaking, when people find themselves being hit, they react to it - whether it's voluntary or involuntary. Even with the high RPM of a Mavic, she would have moved her face back to avoid getting repeated impacts.

Also, the drone was moving downwards towards the ground so it may have hit her where she had clothing on.

Secondly the point of injury is in a very recessed area of her face, her nose bridge area. How does any foreign object the size and weight and complexity of "any" drone contact in that isolated area and leave absolutely no other indication of contact.

The nose really does stick out.

There is footage of the drone, but the drone appears black. She described it as white. I think there is more to this story.

It be both. There are drones that have have many colours. There are skins available for drones too. It's too small to be the Tello but Parot make multicoloured drones.

So, it might just be a matter of perspective. The camera has a different one from an impact to the face.

Look at her hair, for some reason one frame has been reversed
Strange thing to do, if trying to document an injury.

It's not.

Photo 1: taken almost immediately after the incident. Taken by somebody else because people normally don't do selfies with their eyes closed.

Photo 2: taken by the victim at home via mirror after cleaning wound. Taken using the higher resolution camera on the back of the phone rather than the selfie camera. Cropped to fit better.

Here is an older video of an unrelated incident. Posting it for the pleasure of those who say she should have seen it coming or how could she be hit and not know she was about get hit. When you aren’t expecting it...

Thats weird that there is wind noise, but no prop noise. Looks like a dead stick glide.

Do you have links to the photos?

Oh come on! Did you notice her hair was parted on the opposite side also. How could this be anything other than a hoax? Unless, wait,,,,,, one of the pics was with a mirror? If you only look for conspiracies, all you will seeare conspiracies.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Keith J