DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

THIS WAS A GOOD FORUM UNTIL THE ( MOD REMOVED ) AIR CAME ALONG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your saying something like a forum list.
With different sections with headings like general, Pro, Pro Platinum, Air.

Maybe. If you're saying just click around in the forums, that works, but I'm lazy :) As are most people. I want the "new posts" button to do it for me - only show new stuff in sections I want.

I can do it with one of my car forums, you can, for example, do this: (address of forum)/search.php?do=getnew&exclude=307,385...

I just discovered it. You can save it as a bookmark, it gets new posts and excludes certain sections you don't want to see. Different forum types / codes though, doesn't seem to work here but a similar idea might.

Reactions: Ping^Spike
Most of you guys can type all you want but the fact is they are both mavics and this is a mavic forum.
When all I had was Phantoms I read in all the sections and learned more than If I had just stayed in
my section.
Learn to adapt and take away what you can learn from reading all. See a thread that's not going to help you
just pass on by .
Or just keep on in this about what you don't like and waste your time on something that's not going to change.
IF they come out with a Mavic 2 it will be here also . Could be mistaken on that but think not .

Imagine how the original Phantom owners felt when DJI started releasing a different model Phantom every other week (or so it seemed). While they were the same shape, they used different firmware's, used different cameras and different controllers.
One thing that is a constant in this hobby is constant change. :D

The guaranteed easiest way to tell a bitter, jealous Pro owner is as soon as they say the Air is just a Spark. :rolleyes:

The more intelligent Pro owners understand that the Air fits in the product lineup for DJI between the Spark and the Pro and draws features from both.

Regardless it’s time to change the forum name to MavicAirandProPilots. :D
And great minds? I have both.
And except for smaller size and some auto imaging modes of the Air, the Pro blows it away. The Pro Flies way longer and way further. Can handle wind better, just flies more precisely. Just my feeling, hard to explain. But then I'm a big P4P fan...

Bitter anf jealous pro owner me?? I beg your pardon, i have changed dozens of parameters and I love my Mavic PRO. You try to fly 1Km high or 80Km/h... or make the gimbal go back to straight angle automatically when landing. Or RTH at 16m/s with GPS. So you enjoy your wifi-air. Peace and good will amongst mankind. [emoji4]
The Pro Flies better. The Air is smaller and has a few fancy auto modes.
Have both, prefer the Pro.
But I'll keep the air because of its portability

Reactions: ksmusa
DJI is about the worse at naming their products. The Pro and Air are just the latest examples. Pro is a terrible name to call a product. But look at the Phantoms:

Phantom 3 Standard
Phantom 3 Professional
Phantom 3 Advanced
Phantom 3 SE
Phantom 3 4K

Phantom 3 is the make. So what is a "4K"? If a person were to guess, it has a 4K camera? Well, so does the "Professional". I guess DJI continued on the terrible "Pro" name from the Phantom 3 into the Mavic line.

Also, the Air does not share more with the Spark. it has more features like the Pro (camera, folding body, etc.) and it's size is really right in between both.
What's worse: their naming or their customer service?
[emoji15][emoji15]

I agree that the Air should be Ina different forum. I find that I'm spending less time here since my "new posts" request directs me to many Air posts, which I start reading until I find that's it's not relevant to me. The Air deserves its own forum.

Reactions: Daddyoften
It's not about being in the wrong section or anything, it's that they're there in the first place. You hit new posts and tons of Air posts pop up. There is a separate forum for the spark, so why not for the air. They are both totally separate drones and only share the Mavic name. Why not have the Spark here too? The spark and the Mavic Pro have about as much in common as the Air and the Mavic Pro.
both fold the same way, they both share the same camera, but the Air shoots 4K at 100mbps data rate instead of 60 on the pro. Has way more in common wth the Mavic, then with a Spark. Only missing Occusync. I don’t understand the vitriol aimed at anyone who isn’t a MP snob. Are you insecure??? is this a “my ***** is bigger than yours” thing?????? You all need to grow up

both fold the same way, they both share the same camera, but the Air shoots 4K at 100mbps data rate instead of 60 on the pro. Has way more in common wth the Mavic, then with a Spark. Only missing Occusync. I don’t understand the vitriol aimed at anyone who isn’t a MP snob. Are you insecure??? is this a “my ***** is bigger than yours” thing?????? You all need to to grow up

both fold the same way, they both share the same camera, but the Air shoots 4K at 100mbps data rate instead of 60 on the pro. Has way more in common wth the Mavic, then with a Spark. Only missing Occusync. I don’t understand the vitriol aimed at anyone who isn’t a MP snob. Are you insecure??? is this a “my ***** is bigger than yours” thing?????? You all need to grow up

That’s sure what it sounds like. Wait until the MP2 comes out and then there will be a flood of MP2 posts and more wailing that the MP2 needs its own forum.

Reactions: Radio flier
Yea, I know it's called a "Mavic" Air although almost all features and size are more like the spark. Now when I'm reading almost any thread it's AIR this and AIR that. DJI could have named it plain and simple DJI AIR. Anyone else?View attachment 36341

Actually it’s most like the Pro, not the Spark. And better than the Pro in many areas.

Reactions: mapwd1702
There Is a Mavic Pro section and a Mavic Air section . You don't want to read about the Air then stay out of that section . Kinda simple .
You see a thread posted in the wrong section then hit the report button and it will be moved as soon as it is seen .

Nicely said .. Keeping the sections separate is the key to everyone getting on **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swigmofa