DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

This weather sucks....

FASTFJR

Reactions
Haven't flown in 6 weeks, the two weekend before vacation it rained. Took a 14 day cruise to 7 different ports. Got blown out at each port. Arrived back home two weekends ago, rain all weekend, this past weekend it rained both time. Just wanted to vent......I did however get my new Removu K1 production unit and its Great. I sent my beta unit back

Reactions: jcazares
I'm with you! Central Wisconsin weather is slowly getting better. Had the opportunity to fly my mavic this weekend before it rained/snowed and had freezing gusts of wind, all in the same day.

I hear ya on the weather issues from Ohio. My son and I ordered the MA as soon as we could, and have been grounded most of the days. Finally today has been warmer and sunny. I'm curious, how was it to travel on a cruise w/ the MA? We do a lot of cruises, and the MA size really interested us to take it on trips. Was there any customs, TSA, or cruise line boarding issues?

I hear ya on the weather issues from Ohio. My son and I ordered the MA as soon as we could, and have been grounded most of the days. Finally today has been warmer and sunny. I'm curious, how was it to travel on a cruise w/ the MA? We do a lot of cruises, and the MA size really interested us to take it on trips. Was there any customs, TSA, or cruise line boarding issues?
My friend is going on a cruise for spring break and they don't even allow you to bring them on board. Most major cruiselines strictly prohibit even bringing them on board

My friend is going on a cruise for spring break and they don't even allow you to bring them on board. Most major cruiselines strictly prohibit even bringing them on board

Sorry, that information is just not correct. Most will let you bring it on but their is a catch. What they don't want is some idiot trying to fly it on the ship or off their balcony. What they will do is hold it for you and then when you get off at a port you can get it. I've known 3 people who took it on three cruise lines and this is what happened. In my case I brought it onboard on a carry on. Nobody said a word. At the first port I put it in my small back pack, coming back on the ship all bags go thru and extra machine. Nothing was said to me until the third port, out of six. I was flagged at port three, they pulled me aside and asked if I had a drone, I said yes and took it out. It then went into a security room, I was given a card and told at the next port hand them the card and they will retrieve it. I did this the next three ports and never had an issue. Turns out their were 12 of us on that cruise with drones. One guy had an Inspire 2 Lol. In the end the wind was too strong fly at any of our stops. I sailed with NCL, it was kind of funny on our final port day. I went to turn it in and they said I didn't need to, just don't try to fly it on the ship. I ended up talking about drones to three of the security guys for about 20 minutes. Mine was the first Mavic Pro they had seen and they were very interested in it. They also went on to say they have never had an issue with someone flying off the ship, but rules are rules.......sort of I guess.

Here's the crazy part, whenever I travel I usually bring back a small rock, maybe half the size of a golf ball. 6 ports, 6 rocks. They found each and every dam one in my backpack. And yes they let me keep the rocks Lol

Sorry, that information is just not correct. Most will let you bring it on but their is a catch. What they don't want is some idiot trying to fly it on the ship or off their balcony. What they will do is hold it for you and then when you get off at a port you can get it. I've known 3 people who took it on three cruise lines and this is what happened. In my case I brought it onboard on a carry on. Nobody said a word. At the first port I put it in my small back pack, coming back on the ship all bags go thru and extra machine. Nothing was said to me until the third port, out of six. I was flagged at port three, they pulled me aside and asked if I had a drone, I said yes and took it out. It then went into a security room, I was given a card and told at the next port hand them the card and they will retrieve it. I did this the next three ports and never had an issue. Turns out their were 12 of us on that cruise with drones. One guy had an Inspire 2 Lol. In the end the wind was too strong fly at any of our stops. I sailed with NCL, it was kind of funny on our final port day. I went to turn it in and they said I didn't need to, just don't try to fly it on the ship. I ended up talking about drones to three of the security guys for about 20 minutes. Mine was the first Mavic Pro they had seen and they were very interested in it. They also went on to say they have never had an issue with someone flying off the ship, but rules are rules.......sort of I guess.

Here's the crazy part, whenever I travel I usually bring back a small rock, maybe half the size of a golf ball. 6 ports, 6 rocks. They found each and every dam one in my backpack. And yes they let me keep the rocks Lol
Major cruiselines such as Carnival and Royal Carribbean literally say on their website that they prohibit drones of any kind. I know for sure that those two companies do not allow them. I'm sure some do, but those two big players do not and those are the majority of cruises to my knowledge.

Its a gamble........

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RWShepard