DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Those of you with SC, have you ever used regular RC in last 6 months?

I heard the SC has problems with video feed being laggy or choppy because the processor power is only equivalent in it to like a 6 year old smart phone. Have you ever experienced any issues?

Is it really bright? I have a note10plus right now im using so the SC screen will be a bit smaller, but the main reason im getting it is because i have such a trouble seeing the screen in the sunlight, even at max brightness. The note10plus is rated at 686 nits and the smart controller 1000 nits but i dont know how to visualize an extra 314 nits

my experience is the opposite of this. The feed on the SC seems more responsive and ”crisper” than the standard remote with an iOS device.

I heard the SC has problems with video feed being laggy or choppy because the processor power is only equivalent in it to like a 6 year old smart phone. Have you ever experienced any issues?

Is it really bright? I have a note10plus right now im using so the SC screen will be a bit smaller, but the main reason im getting it is because i have such a trouble seeing the screen in the sunlight, even at max brightness. The note10plus is rated at 686 nits and the smart controller 1000 nits but i dont know how to visualize an extra 314 nits
I’ve not experienced this at all.
Yes it has an older processor but that doesn’t mean it can’t keep up. If you put a faster processor it’ll definitely reduce battery life.

@mattemmi @Done

This is where i found this info:

@mattemmi @Done

I see well I never screen record and I am not sure of the use case for that.
Meaning other than to document an issue why do you need screen record and maybe jerky is ok?
you have to weigh the advantages of SC over some of the disadvantages, if you need smooth screen record then I guess SC is not what you should use for that.
Is that important to you?

@mattemmi @Done

Maybe @new2
I see well I never screen record and I am not sure of the use case for that.
Meaning other than to document an issue why do you need screen record and maybe jerky is ok?
you have to weigh the advantages of SC over some of the disadvantages, if you need smooth screen record then I guess SC is not what you should use for that.
Is that important to you?

Thus user @new2mavic was also claiming the video feed is choppy and jerky when screen recording is not active, in other parts he made that i didn't link

That's simply untrue. Video feed without screen recording is always amazing. Same for the normal controller.
Dont know which one has 100 meters more range, and I don't care, because it doesn't matter.

That's simply untrue. Video feed without screen recording is always amazing. Same for the normal controller.
Dont know which one has 100 meters more range, and I don't care, because it doesn't matter.
I agree with that I’ve never had an issue with the video at all.
There’s a lot of users hear that love SC and I doubt that would be the case of the video was that bad

Sorry I wasn't arguing with you, I'm just asking about it because I read it. He said it happens even when he isn't screen recording, the linked post is below.

Again, I'm not arguing with you, it just had me worried because the smart controller isn't cheap and I wanted to make sure it would be good before I invested in it.

Sorry I wasn't arguing with you, I'm just asking about it because I read it. He said it happens even when he isn't screen recording, the linked post is below.

Again, I'm not arguing with you, it just had me worried because the smart controller isn't cheap and I wanted to make sure it would be good before I invested in it.
FWIW you get a much better deal if you buy them together.

I know, I just say how it is.

Very good thank you, i was able to cancel my order in time and bought the SC and M2P in one order and saved $200. ?

Ill be a proud m2p and SC owner on Wednesday
I wish I was you. I'm 15 and have been saving up for an SC and M2P since it first came out. So the other day, I purchased an SC and was pretending that I was flying the drone. I accidentally dropped it and now my SC is wrecked. I've never been more heartbroken in my life and now I'm going to have to spend the rest of the money I've been saving to get it repaired.

SC3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Just wondering if I should keep my stock controller or sell it for cash to put toward other accessories like filters. Any real reason (besides battery dying in SC) to keep the stock RC?

I know stock RC allgedly gets better range but ill never fly more than a mile away anyway.
Interesting quandary. It might be nice to have as backup.
I still fly with my original RC and a CS most of the time as the 7+” screen is easier for my tired old eyes to read telemetry/ info quicker.

Interesting quandary. It might be nice to have as backup.
I still fly with my original RC and a CS most of the time as the 7+” screen is easier for my tired old eyes to read telemetry/ info quicker.
Full disclosure: When I made this thread, I didnt have the M2P yet or any controller; I was just planning out what to do with the controller once I got it.

Turns out, when you buy the M2P with the smart controller, it doesn't come with the regular controller at all. So I guess DJI made the decision for me. ?

And here I thought I was getting a "discount" for buying the M2P w/ smart controller. In actuality I didn't, they just took off the price of the regular controller and didn't give me one.

Reactions: Thomas B
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potenthockey0