DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Thought I was going to be a Mavic Air 2 pilot

Kept getting a message that the battery was not inserted properly. Got it with all three batteries. I’m thinking it was related to the issue involving using the charging hub to do the initial battery charging. DON’T DO IT. Charge all three individually for their first charge, then you can use the hub (assuming you get the Fly More package. There are several threads about this. Mine is HERE.
Thanks. I got the flymore and initially had the hub problem. Then I read the manual and learned about the seperate initial charge. They could do with a large red lettered instruction card in the box.

I've been excited at the prospect of being a drone pilot and looking forward to getting one. After a lot of study I ordered a Mavic Air 2 fly more combo with refresh and all the accessories. It was $1200. My order was rejected as they said my credit card wasn't good. I did it over and was rejected again. I use this card every day, more than enough room for purchases. I chatted with somebody at DJI and from the language I assume it was somebody from mainland China. I asked for a phone number and was refused a contact number, they said they would call me. I don't see any readily available customer service numbers listed on their website. So I searched customer satisfaction with DJI service and found a huge amount of problems. It seems people love their Mavic unless there's a problem and then the headaches start. I would love to take a chance that everything I received worked but I don't need the frustration of dealing with a China based company for a $1200 toy. Very sad as it looks like its a great drone as long as you don't need the warranty. DJI is rated "Average" with 3.2 / 5 on Trustpilot
did you check online or call your credit card company?Is there enough on the amount allowed be charged?

I've been excited at the prospect of being a drone pilot and looking forward to getting one. After a lot of study I ordered a Mavic Air 2 fly more combo with refresh and all the accessories. It was $1200. My order was rejected as they said my credit card wasn't good. I did it over and was rejected again. I use this card every day, more than enough room for purchases. I chatted with somebody at DJI and from the language I assume it was somebody from mainland China. I asked for a phone number and was refused a contact number, they said they would call me. I don't see any readily available customer service numbers listed on their website. So I searched customer satisfaction with DJI service and found a huge amount of problems. It seems people love their Mavic unless there's a problem and then the headaches start. I would love to take a chance that everything I received worked but I don't need the frustration of dealing with a China based company for a $1200 toy. Very sad as it looks like its a great drone as long as you don't need the warranty. DJI is rated "Average" with 3.2 / 5 on Trustpilot
Hi I got mine from a third party when it arrived I registered it and took out DJI refresh. We also have a company in the UK who if you buy from them they offer a lot better refresh program.

Plenty of places in the U.S. to buy DJI products. I'm usually Amazon all the way but I've always bought drones direct from DJI without problems.
I've had my credit card declined many time's buying aircraft fuel in different states on the same day

Never, EVER buy your drone or any accessories directly from a DJI. Buy it from a reseller. DJI make more than enough profit and should not be earning anymore when you buy from them directly.

. Buy through a retail line and use their warranty system, if anything goes wrong.

Thanks. I got the flymore and initially had the hub problem. Then I read the manual and learned about the seperate initial charge. They could do with a large red lettered instruction card in the box.
I issued some of the earliest alerts on this problem, including advance notice to the retail chain that sold me my ordered drone. When I collected it, there was no warning on the box and I had to discuss the seriousness of the potential battery issue with the manager. About 2 weeks later, the staff were notified about the alert. The world is full of idiots ...... ?

Don’t mess with DJI. They used to not charge tax that is close to $100 with the fly more combo. Now they do collect tax from most states so there is absolutely no advantage in ordering from them (CC problems, long wait for delivery, etc.). As others have recommended by it from a US based retailer like Best Buy, Amazon, B&H, etc. It is likely that your local Best Buy has it in stock and you can pick it up same day. And as one other person said if you have a problem you can take it back to the store and get a replacement.
I got my MA2 from Best Buy and I love this drone.

Hi Al Simon Welcome to Mavic Pilots.
Sorry to see you are having problems.

I would contact your card company to see why the transaction didn't go through, I have had to do that myself in the past, turned out it was because all the parts for my new PC was an unusually large purchase.

Incidentally I was pleasantly surprised how fast DJI sent my extra batteries, the only things I bought direct.
Yes, I was going to say the same thing. it is not DJI that declined the card, it is the credit card company. I have had that happen to me too. You just call the Credit Card company and they authorize the transaction. Easy fix. Concrening DJI, I recently used their refresh program and it worked great. So far DJI rocks for me.

I have had great success with drone purchases using B&H in New York. Great service, free shipping and they have a legal way where my high CA sales tax is paid by using their PayBoo card. That alone saves me about 9% right there. I have used them for photography needs for 20 years or more.
I use BandH. they are very friendly and an official DJI reseller. Free shipping and no tax where I live.

Reactions: dawgpilot
@Al Simon You've already gotten replies about where to purchase. B&H is a good place to shop. There are a number of supporting vendors on this forum. I'm just curious, in addition to the drone and the fly more, what are you buying that ran the bill up to $1200? The fly more kit is everywhere for $988.

Reactions: xunhui
Kept getting a message that the battery was not inserted properly. Got it with all three batteries. I’m thinking it was related to the issue involving using the charging hub to do the initial battery charging. DON’T DO IT. Charge all three individually for their first charge, then you can use the hub (assuming you get the Fly More package. There are several threads about this. Mine is HERE.
I still wonder about the charging issue. I have a early model MA2 and charged all three batteries at once. Flying happily ever since.

Best Buy. $890 Fly more MA2. Free delivery.

Attachments

• B876E654-6149-42AE-ABAA-A5EE9ADBF7A2.png
    B876E654-6149-42AE-ABAA-A5EE9ADBF7A2.png
    356 KB · Views: 9
Hi I got mine from a third party when it arrived I registered it and took out DJI refresh. We also have a company in the UK who if you buy from them they offer a lot better refresh program.
Which company is it offering the better refresh program ?

I have a few friends that have had their credit limits lowered for no obvious reason, always paid on time, gainfully employed. It seems some CC companies are arbitrarily lowering limits to try and stave of possible overuse by the general public during this time of COVID. I can see from a business point their reasoning, but the lowering is just done and a letter sent which arrives about 1-2 weeks later advising. Maybe they go by region most hot or something, no idea.

I live in the Michigan part of the USA. I wondered if a seller other than DJI would be a better route to go. They probably know how and have some priority dealing with China based company, make sense. Some videos I have watched said to purchase direct so that is what I tried. Thanks!

I always call DJI in the USA and they are down the road from me, about 25 miles away in Sherman Oaks.

UNITED STATES & CANADA
+1 (818) 235 0789
Mon-Fri 7:00AM - 5:00PM (PST)

Yeah, I get some accents but generally they are local. It's possible that since the pandemic hit they are transferring calls overseas. They are generally pretty helpful.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13