DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Thought I was going to be a Mavic Air 2 pilot

I've been excited at the prospect of being a drone pilot and looking forward to getting one. After a lot of study I ordered a Mavic Air 2 fly more combo with refresh and all the accessories. It was $1200. My order was rejected as they said my credit card wasn't good. I did it over and was rejected again. I use this card every day, more than enough room for purchases. I chatted with somebody at DJI and from the language I assume it was somebody from mainland China. I asked for a phone number and was refused a contact number, they said they would call me. I don't see any readily available customer service numbers listed on their website. So I searched customer satisfaction with DJI service and found a huge amount of problems. It seems people love their Mavic unless there's a problem and then the headaches start. I would love to take a chance that everything I received worked but I don't need the frustration of dealing with a China based company for a $1200 toy. Very sad as it looks like its a great drone as long as you don't need the warranty. DJI is rated "Average" with 3.2 / 5 on Trustpilot
I live in Ontario and purchased a Mini this month from a DJI registered seller in Toronto. When I tried to complete order my credit card was declined. I used my wife’s card (joint account) and the order completed without problem. Bank credit card person called shortly thereafter questioning transaction with my card. I explained how my card had been rejected. After checking they said problem was on their end and shouldn’t happen again.

I also use B&H for my MA2. I did order the car charger from DJI and the payment was first rejected by my bank because it was routed from China. DJI rerouted it through CA and it cleared.

Since I see others are mentioning vendors, so I'll let you know I bought my used model at Drone Nerds. They only have a 10 day return policy versus the 30 day of B&H.

I try to use amazon for most things just because its an extra layer of protection and free shipping. Are you finding it cheaper thats why your not? Just curious i know some thing arent always cheaper on amazon but thats what camel camel is for.
Not this price any longer. Now its $1049 on Amazon.

I have had great success with drone purchases using B&H in New York. Great service, free shipping and they have a legal way where my high CA sales tax is paid by using their PayBoo card. That alone saves me about 9% right there. I have used them for photography needs for 20 years or more.
[/QUOTE

B&H is good experience and price for all things camera, including flyin cameras

Kept getting a message that the battery was not inserted properly. Got it with all three batteries. I’m thinking it was related to the issue involving using the charging hub to do the initial battery charging. DON’T DO IT. Charge all three individually for their first charge, then you can use the hub (assuming you get the Fly More package. There are several threads about this. Mine is HERE.
I charged all 3 of mine initially with the battery charging hub and have not had any issue whatsoever. Drone is a little over a month with approximately 14 flights on each battery. I didn't see any of this information until after I did it... so glad I haven't had an issue.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucian