DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Three or Four

stikflote

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Hello,
I have the chance to buy a new mini 3 or a mini four pro .

How much better is the 4 over the three pro apart from price

Can i have your advice please keith

"How much"? Measured how? One the this-is-better-than-that universal scale? 😁

All you can do is get the details of each, features, capabilities, etc. and judge for yourself, based on your priorities and needs, which only you know. And that's your job.

Give www.dji.com a visit and compare the two in detail. If you're unclear on some feature, ask here and we're glad to help.

That said, I have both, upgrading from the Mini3P to the Mini4P, and I'm very happy with the purchase. I'd recommend the M4P, the price difference is pretty modest.

They won't be much use to you if you do yourself in, be careful.

What controllers are being sold with these drones and what else is included i.e. flymore, filters etc. ?
The Mini 3 pro and Std controller (RC N1 ) are £709 on the DJI website.
The Mini 3 pro and smart controller (DJI RC ) are £859 on the DJI website .

The Mini 4 pro and Std controller (RC N2 ) are £689 on the DJI website. Buy DJI Mini 4 Pro - DJI Store
etc.etc.

This looks a bit too good to be true £588 but might be worth checking.

Last edited:
I'm almost willing to recommend the Mini 4 on the basis of the AR shadow feature when landing.

Reactions: MARK (LI)
It seems DJI has released a version of the SDK compatible with mini 3 pro. I think this would be a plus fro the mini 3 pro, at least in my opinion. It may be that third-party apps like Litchi will soon support mini 3. DJI may release a version of the SDK supporting also mini4 pro - in the coming years.

It seems DJI has released a version of the SDK compatible with mini 3 pro. I think this would be a plus fro the mini 3 pro, at least in my opinion. It may be that third-party apps like Litchi will soon support mini 3. DJI may release a version of the SDK supporting also mini4 pro - in the coming years.

The SDK is Virtual Stick which sucks. Compared to the autonomous flight on-board waypoints available in the Mini 4P, it's like a hot dog vs. filet mignon. And Litchi will not be supported on the Mini3P... The new, much more limited Litchi Pilot is supporting the Mini3P. I hate it.

If waypoint flight is a need, then the choice is the Mini 4P without question.

I have the chance to buy a new mini 3 or a mini four pro .

How much better is the 4 over the three pro apart from price
You can compare the main features here. Choose the model that best meets you needs.

The SDK is Virtual Stick which sucks. Compared to the autonomous flight on-board waypoints available in the Mini 4P, it's like a hot dog vs. filet mignon. And Litchi will not be supported on the Mini3P... The new, much more limited Litchi Pilot is supporting the Mini3P. I hate it.

If waypoint flight is a need, then the choice is the Mini 4P without question.
The SDK support may mean that normal Litchi will support Mini 3 Pro in not so far future ... The virtual stick limitation may affect video stability but for still images (e.g. for photogrammetry) Litchi works OK. And the Mission planning is not too difficult with it.

The SDK support may mean that normal Litchi will support Mini 3 Pro in not so far future ... The virtual stick limitation may affect video stability but for still images (e.g. for photogrammetry) Litchi works OK. And the Mission planning is not too difficult with it.

I can say that Litchi app support for the Mini 3P will never happen, because Litchi says so. As I said in my previous reply, the Mini 3P is supported by a new app under development, Litchi Pilot, which is in beta, very limited in functionality compared to Litchi, and due to VS mode of operation, sucks at usable control. Stills will do better, but one of the main uses of Litchi is producing cinematic, smooth video.

As for the SDK, I don't think it will ever include on-board execution. DJI clearly made a product structuring decision several years ago to make this a premium feature, available through their own feature implementation in the top-end of each of the consumer classes, and in the SDK enabling third-party apps at the Enterprise level.

Purchasing a Mini 3P in the hope "real" waypoint capabilities will be added in the future is a fools errand IMO and will in the end result in disappointment. Best advice is to get a Mini 4P, which has the functionality now. Rumor is it will get an SDK first half of this year:

It will almost certainly be Virtual Stick, and stay that way. You'll be able to use third-party apps like Litchi Pilot, and when you need accurate waypoints for things like mapping, use the DJI waypoints feature.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henryairsoft1