DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Laying Upp

stikflote

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Hi all i have not been flying my quads for a while one reason it never stopped raining, and main

reason im not well, so its going to a while before i can get out ,.

So whats the best way to lay up the birds for a while at least a month ,

keith PS birds are AIR2S and MINI 2

Last edited:
Make sure you take care of your batteries. Everything else can be packed away until you're ready to use it again.

Make sure you take care of your batteries. Everything else can be packed away until you're ready to use it again.

So long as they're at least 2 steady one blinking light, you're good to go for many months.

I've been maintaining DJI batteries like this for years and never had trouble when keeping them stored within this range:

1705441732314.png

I wouldn't say to ignore the batteries for many months. But, maybe 2-3 months would be okay? I have a reminder in my calendar to check my battery levels monthly.

Reactions: Romi
@stikflote ,all good advice in the above posts ,just check the batteries once a month and store them and the drone in a safe dry place ,also have the RC charged to 3 lights on steady, as it can loose charge over a long period of inactivty, hope you are feeling better soon ,and are able to get out flying again when things improve ,you are not alone ,at this time of year ,many of us with health issues, have to curtail our flying adventures ,till the weather improves ,me included

Reactions: Dbez1 and Cafguy
Hi all i have not been flying my quads for a while one reason it never stopped raining, and main

reason im not well, so its going to a while before i can get out ,.

So whats the best way to lay up the birds for a while at least a month ,

keith PS birds are AIR2S and MINI 2
I hope you feel better real soon!

Thankyou @OMM

is there away to discharge the controller batteries both of mine seem to be fully charged ??

There's no need to attempt to discharge the remote controller battery. It's only important to ensure the battery remains within the range from my screenshot above.

There's no need to attempt to discharge the remote controller battery. It's only important to ensure the battery remains within the range from my screenshot above.

Agreed, however it is important to keep the RC from being stored depleted. It is a li-ion chemistry battery, and will not like being stored depleted.

Yep. I think we both agree on that point.

Most certainly!

I take every opportunity to remind people generally that depletion is a very bad thing. We spend a lot of time around here hand-wringing about storing charged, while, IMO, the bigger danger is forgetting to charge a depleted accessory, then putting it away for weeks or months.

JMHO 😁

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volidas