DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Thunderdrones

It's not clear from the TV report whether the drugs, cellphones, etc. were found on the premises at T-drones, and/or Rob's home. If yes it would seem he has some explaining to do to make, "I just repair drones" believable.

Anyone know? @julius13, anything more detailed on this in the local chatter?

Never had bad dealings with him as a repairer, I’m sure he is great. It was his manner on the forums that was the issue

Reactions: Torque and BigAl07
My next comment comes directly from me, ALLEN, as an individual and is in NO WAY coming from this from the forum ADMINSTATION! This is my own, personal, first hand opinion of this matter concerning thunderdrones. This is the first time I've even mentioned his name since his "MavicPilots" incident where he was removed.

I can say, with zero reservations, that he deserves whatever they can get to stick. He did a LOT of people wrong in here and started many horrible LIES about some of our members here. KARMA has an excellent memory and it looks like she's about to feast on a well deserving CON!!

I look forward to watching this one unfold and I genuinely hope they hold NOTHING back.
1713630755659.jpeg

Always so much the casual public doesn't know when these kinds of things happen...

I can say, with zero reservations, that he deserves whatever they can get to stick. He did a LOT of people wrong in here and started many horrible LIES about some of our members here.
Amen. Life has a strange way of working itself out.

My next comment comes directly from me, ALLEN, as an individual and is in NO WAY coming from this from the forum ADMINSTATION! This is my own, personal, first hand opinion of this matter concerning thunderdrones. This is the first time I've even mentioned his name since his "MavicPilots" incident where he was removed.

I can say, with zero reservations, that he deserves whatever they can get to stick. He did a LOT of people wrong in here and started many horrible LIES about some of our members here. KARMA has an excellent memory and it looks like she's about to feast on a well deserving CON!!

I look forward to watching this one unfold and I genuinely hope they hold NOTHING back.
View attachment 174459
I had 2 excellent experiences with him.An excellent businessman and a skilled drone mechanic.Not everyone gets along with everyone.2 sides to every story.Your popcorn photo is taking joy in someone's misfortune.Shame on you.

At the moment he, and his associate is still being held with no bail. Im guessing there is probably something to the whole story. Just because he can fix a drone doesn’t mean squat to me.

Reactions: Torque
At the moment he, and his associate is still being held with no bail. Im guessing there is probably something to the whole story. Just because he can fix a drone doesn’t mean squat to me.
So as a veteran I assume you're in favor of law and order.https://guestlawyers.com.au/why-is-the-presumption-of-innocence-important-in-australia/

There is a video that goes with the news report that was posted in this thread that has some additional information.

At about 1:30 into the video, Gregg Phillips (Special Agent G.D.C.) stated that they had "electronic interceptions" of communications between Schwartz and inmates and people associated with the inmates.

While US Criminal law is based on the presumption of innocence, if the State of Georgia has wiretaps that directly link Schwartz and his employee, I wouldn't be too surprised if he is offered and then accepts a plea bargain.

So as a veteran I assume you're in favor of law and order.https://guestlawyers.com.au/why-is-the-presumption-of-innocence-important-in-australia/

I certainly am. I looked into the story. There is a mountain of evidence recovered from his business, and there are cooperating "associates".

Given we're taking about a drone repairman, not a politician or similar ilk, I'm inclined to trust the authorities rather than suspect he's being railroaded.

If he's entirely innocent, he's got some tough things to explain.

Sure I am. I’m not convicting him of anything. Merely saying I don’t like the bloke going by my direct dealings with him on multiple occasions, and also highlighting that the evidence they seem to have on him is suggesting he is probably involved in some way. As a veteran, I am wholeheartedly against any criminal activity revolving around drugs and gangs.
You have said you like the bloke. Good for you, I wouldnt try, or expect you to change your opinion. Nor would I hold anything against you for that opinion.

Last edited:
Sure I am. I’m not convicting him of anything. Merely saying I don’t like the bloke going by my direct dealings with him on multiple occasions, and also highlighting that the evidence they seem to have on him is suggesting he is probably involved in some way. As a veteran, I am wholeheartedly against any criminal activity revolving around drugs and gangs.
You have said you like the bloke. Good for you, I would try or expect you to change your opinion. Nor would I hold anything against you for that opinion.
You're certainly entitled to how you feel about him.In my reading in law courses I have seen too many cases that appeared open and shut that were not to be convinced of anyone's guilt based on one side of the story.I hope I would have this opinion whether or not I liked the guy.The state was patting itself on the back before any trial.Political and most people will forget about this case when it resolves.

Lets see how it plays out

My drone was at his shop when he got raided. I need to figure out how to get it back
Some information on what to do was posted on Reddit, in this thread. If you have a consumer drone like anything with the word "Mavic" in it, you should be able to get it back. They should only need to hold the drones that would be capable of flying contraband into the prison.

Contact the Georgia Department of Corrections (GDC) or the District Attorney's office for Gwinnett County. If you have any paperwork that identifies your drone as belonging to you, that should make it easier. It would probably help if you have flight logs that would also show that your drone was not being used to fly contraband.

Rob says he has a great lawyer in the screenshots attached to this review, so he should be good to go :)
Haha. Thats the arrogance I remember from him.

Even his website seems dodgy

Reactions: msinger
He and his "employee" are out on bail now
He has 9 charges including
  • GIVING TO OR POSSESSION BY INMATES PROHIBITED ITEMS
  • TRADING WITH INMATES WITHOUT CONSENT OF WARDEN OR SUPERINTENDENT
  • VIOLATION OF THE GEORGIA RICO (RACKETEER INFLUENCED AND CORRUPT ORGANIZATIONS) ACT
Going to be interesting to watch how this all plays out

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dean1980