DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini TIMELAPSE PRO AND CONS

Here is a timelapse of Frostwork. It´s the beginning o a video called "Fall and winter". The title says it. But it´s a fake timelapse ? The frostwork on the window was there and then I started the camera and I gently disolved the frostwork with a hairdryer. Reversed it in post and that´s it ?
cheers Paul

And here is anothe timelapse.
from summer it becomes fall inbetween a few seconds. Another fake ? My camera was staning on my sturdy tripod on the attic for about two months. First I shot the summer colors, and two months later the fall colors. I made a cross dissolve in the editing and the result looks like a timelapse! The title means "Fall Impressions" It´s the beginning of a longer video.
cheers Paul

I saw an example of a 1 year time Lapse decades ago where a photographer took a single pic of the sun daily for 1 full year, forming a figure 8. Incredible patience! This is from a quick search of Youtube showing something similar. This was obviously well above the equator. I'm not sure how it would look if taken on the equator, by guess is a perfectly symmetrical figure 8.

And here is anothe timelapse.
from summer it becomes fall inbetween a few seconds. Another fake ? My camera was staning on my sturdy tripod on the attic for about two months. First I shot the summer colors, and two months later the fall colors. I made a cross dissolve in the editing and the result looks like a timelapse! The title means "Fall Impressions" It´s the beginning of a longer video.
cheers Paul

I love that autumn dissolve. I have a job for that trick, how long do you stretch the dissolve for? About 3 seconds? My videos, once I get to do them with a bit more finesse because I have just managed to find out about cutting and joining so far... fishing and boating, with maybe some motorcycling. This year has curbed most people with restricted travel, but it has given me time to study my drone and video editing.

I have tried one timelapse in my SLR. I think I need to allow longer. Hopefully I have done this right.... I have never uploaded like this before.

I love that autumn dissolve. I have a job for that trick, how long do you stretch the dissolve for? About 3 seconds? My videos, once I get to do them with a bit more finesse because I have just managed to find out about cutting and joining so far... fishing and boating, with maybe some motorcycling. This year has curbed most people with restricted travel, but it has given me time to study my drone and video editing.

I have tried one timelapse in my SLR. I think I need to allow longer. Hopefully I have done this right.... I have never uploaded like this before.
Thank you KingRat, glad you like it ? the dissolve is about four or five seconds! I that case the dissolve should not be too short because the nice effect from summer to fall will not look good when it´s too fast!
Wow I saw your timelapse. That looks great and very dramatic with the rock formations in the foreground...Maybe it could have been a little less fast, but one can still slow it down in the editing!
cheers Paul

Thank you KingRat, glad you like it ? the dissolve is about four or five seconds! I that case the dissolve should not be too short because the nice effect from summer to fall will not look good when it´s too fast!
Wow I saw your timelapse. That looks great and very dramatic with the rock formations in the foreground...Maybe it could have been a little less fast, but one can still slow it down in the editing!
cheers Paul

Thanks for the tip. I don't know about slowing down and speeding up yet. That is how it came out of the camera! To slow it down, I would have to shorten the interval? I think it was a picture every second at 1/2 second exposure... going from memory. My camera then produces the video without me touching it. I don't know how to edit timelapse yet. I am still at the baby steps of video.

hanks for the tip. I don't know about slowing down and speeding up yet. That is how it came out of the camera! To slow it down, I would have to shorten the interval? I think it was a picture every second at 1/2 second exposure... going from memory. My camera then produces the video without me touching it. I don't know how to edit timelapse yet. I am still at the baby steps of video.
you´r welcome! Every editing program has the slomotion and speed up option! If you don´t find it in your program try to go to the help-function of the editing propgram!
BTW, you are not forced to make a timelapse ( frame per frame) with a given interval from for example one frame every 10 or 15 second! When I do a timelapse of clouds. I start the camera, let it runs for 20-25 minutes and the you can speed it up when editing! In that way you can try out different pecentages of up speeding and you will see at once, if the cloud are too fast/slow. If it´s the case you redo the speeding up with anoter percentage!
cheers Paul

EXAMPLE: you have shot the clouds with a normal speed of 25 or 50fps during 25 minutes. Now you speed it up with 500% if the result is too slow you try with 700% if it´s still too slow you try with 1000%. If it´s too fast you try with 800% doing so you can find out the best speed for the clouds! The disadvantage by doing the timelapse in the camera by choosing for Example one frame every 10 or 15 second is, that the result might not be as you would like it!
Hopefully you understood my explanations, because my english is not perfect being a german speaking Swissman ?

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
calezu