DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3 Panos for my next video

Dale D

Reactions
Site
vimeo.com
I did a small project yesterday, and spent the entire time dodging the law and other such "authorities." I took advantage of a beautiful but very hot Miami day to try to capture drone views of downtown from across the water. Miami has virtually shut off each and every access to the water's edge. High fences, green solid plastic barriers, etc. are present at all the areas I used to have access to for amazing views. The developers have taken over. One parking lot guard circled continuously, eyeing me and my tripod carefully (doing a timelapse sequence too). I flew after he momentarily left the lot to re-start his rounds. Practicing my stealth technique (under a tree. in the shade). I still was asked to lower my drone and move on. I was able to grab shots here and there but all were rushed. I did no flying. Just put the drone straight up in the air about 85 feet,shot my shots, and came right down as fast as possible. The air was filled with helicopters, noticeable in the 1st image. Here are my results. These are all manual - e.g.: multiple shots with 30% overlaps, and developed in Photoshop. Anywhere from 5 to 11 contiguous shots.

Attachments

• Downtown Miami PANO-11 images.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 48
  • Downtown-Intracoastal-6 image pano.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 48
  • Miami Downtown-JungleIsland-Pano-7 shots.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 47
Last edited:
Nice pics Dale. You mentioned helicopters - do you recall any airsense warnings. As I've seen elsewhere in mavicpilots airsense still seems broken even after the recent firmware update. I haven't received one alert since before the very first firmware update..unless they have made it less obtrusive; in the past I used to get warnings when I could not even hear flights nearby.

Nice pics Dale. You mentioned helicopters - do you recall any airsense warnings. As I've seen elsewhere in mavicpilots airsense still seems broken even after the recent firmware update. I haven't received one alert since before the very first firmware update..unless they have made it less obtrusive; in the past I used to get warnings when I could not even hear flights nearby.
Did not get air sense warnings but the helicopters were farther away. Can you see them at the top in one of the pictures. I do get Air Sense warnings but did not get any from these helicopters.

Reactions: Richard R
Great panos, Dale. Thanks for sharing.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mandeh