DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Timer/Intervalometer etc?

Citizen Flier

Reactions
I shoot landscape stills, and often need a human subject for scale/point of interest etc. When I can't bribe my GF or other pals, I sometimes use the old self. With a DSLR, I can use a small remote trigger hidden in my hand. For aerials, I would prefer not to show an old dude standing with controller at chest level. With a timer, I could temporarily hide the controller from view. I see M2P has a timed shutter option (for selfies), and I believe it is also capable of time lapse stills. Don't know if the timer can be set to initiate a series of stills. Having the camera pop a specified # of still images at specified intervals would be perfect. The ancient DJI Go4 app User Guide doesn't really cover this. Is it as simple as I hope it is? And if I select the focus point will additional stills stay focused there if hovering? (I'm still pretty new to this) Thanks!

One simple way would be to start a timelapse, which takes one photo every "n" seconds, where "n" is a number you set. You then start the timelapse, put down the controller, wait until a few pictures have been taken, and then stop the timelapse.

Not exactly the feature you asked for, but it should get the job done.

Reactions: Citizen Flier
Thanks JM. Actually, I did mention that feature, which I also use with DSLR/land shots. Just hadn't used it yet with M2P, and wanted to see if any caveats/limitations etc.

Does the Timelapse feature utilize the Camera settings for stills, or the Video settings?

One simple way would be to start a timelapse, which takes one photo every "n" seconds, where "n" is a number you set. You then start the timelapse, put down the controller, wait until a few pictures have been taken, and then stop the timelapse.

Not exactly the feature you asked for, but it should get the job done.

I shoot landscape stills, and often need a human subject for scale/point of interest etc. When I can't bribe my GF or other pals, I sometimes use the old self. With a DSLR, I can use a small remote trigger hidden in my hand. For aerials, I would prefer not to show an old dude standing with controller at chest level. With a timer, I could temporarily hide the controller from view. I see M2P has a timed shutter option (for selfies), and I believe it is also capable of time lapse stills. Don't know if the timer can be set to initiate a series of stills. Having the camera pop a specified # of still images at specified intervals would be perfect. The ancient DJI Go4 app User Guide doesn't really cover this. Is it as simple as I hope it is? And if I select the focus point will additional stills stay focused there if hovering? (I'm still pretty new to this) Thanks!
The intervals camera function does this exactly. Setting to 5s interval for instance will take a photo every 5s till you stop it

Reactions: Citizen Flier
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phoenix_00002