DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Tip Easy Removal SD Card Mavic Air

heo3480

Reactions
Getting really annoyed with the Mavic Air SD card slot? This might help?

Getting really annoyed with the Mavic Air SD card slot? This might help?

Meh! I never take mine out and the onboard 8G gives you back up should you need it.. 64G card stays in and I just plug in the air to access both drives.
Easy.:)

Saw that idea from someone else recently and used it. Been helpful for sure. Still surprised at the poor design for that.

But you do have to unfold the Air and power it on to get data out by cable, right? If I don't power it up I can't see the drive.

Correct

But you do have to unfold the Air and power it on to get data out by cable, right? If I don't power it up I can't see the drive.
Don’t forget removing the gimbal protector...
Pretty stupid on DJI’s part to require that the MA be powered up to access the storage, particularly the SD card.

I figured out an easy method for opening the back compartment and removing the card as well as putting the micro sd card back in: my kit will always have a US dime in it. That little 10 cent piece allows me to easily open the back slot (works every time) and I use the same dime to push in the card and help slip it out of the slot. That dime is also used to push the card back into the slot.

I bought a small pair of plastic tweezers and keep them in my flight case. Only needed to use them twice since I bought the Air but they work really well.

I bought a small pair of plastic tweezers and keep them in my flight case. Only needed to use them twice since I bought the Air but they work really well.
Yes I too have a pair of tweezers and don,t get what all the fuss is about the card is no trouble with a pair of tweezers

I just bought a 360 camera and the card slot/door is almost exactly the same situation. It's not just a DJI design issue.

Yep, a piece of tape is great. Same goes for the gimbal cover. Put a piece of tape on it so you can't push the power button while the cover is on. You can't install a battery either. Simple.

This is also good for removing/inserting Mavic Air SD Card:
Contact Lens Soft Tip Tweezers £1.83 Ebay. PS. Leave the Tweezer tips on - won't grip otherwise.

Attachments

• Tweezers.jpg
    Tweezers.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 49
I didn't watch the video, but if it suggests adding a tab, I wholeheartedly agree. I put a doubled over piece of surgical tape on all of mine. It's a plus as well for handling, I'm far less likely to drop it.

I prefer keeping all of my cards sized at 32gb, so while out filming for a day, I can film through all of my batteries with out needing to max out one card and switch to the internal storage.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan