DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Titan Atlas alternative antennas?

Any update on using this system with your titan Atlas?[
Curious if there is an improvement

Really wish I could tell you. When I bought them on eBay, the only shipping option available was "FedEx SmartPost", which apparently is a code name for "the slowest possible shipping method in modern history": a full 12 days to go from NJ to WA. In short, they still haven't arrived yet, but should be here this week.

Really wish I could tell you. When I bought them on eBay, the only shipping option available was "FedEx SmartPost", which apparently is a code name for "the slowest possible shipping method in modern history": a full 12 days to go from NJ to WA. In short, they still haven't arrived yet, but should be here this week.

How did the antenna mod go ?

if your technically inclined you could solder up a yagi antenna for the 2.4ghz spectrum and itd cost you less than any of those; im amazed at how ridiculously overpriced all these aftermarket antenna solutions are for the mavic....
none of them cost even $70 to make let alone $150 or even $200

if your technically inclined you could solder up a yagi antenna for the 2.4ghz spectrum and itd cost you less than any of those; im amazed at how ridiculously overpriced all these aftermarket antenna solutions are for the mavic....
none of them cost even $70 to make let alone $150 or even $200

What are you talking about? I paid $53 for the antenna we were just talking about and it has been totally worth it. Better range than I had before.

What are you talking about? I paid $53 for the antenna we were just talking about and it has been totally worth it. Better range than I had before.
im talking about you could make it for about $12 to $15 worth of a trip to homedepot and some time soldering
if you mean the $100+ statements i was talking about the full solutions like the atlas systems, they have about $40 to $50 worth of equipment stuffed in a shell and sold for over $200; its pet peeve of mine for a company or person to charge a massive markup for no better reason than they can and people that dont know any different will pay, i just seems kinda dishonest to me.

im talking about you could make it for about $12 to $15 worth of a trip to homedepot and some time soldering
if you mean the $100+ statements i was talking about the full solutions like the atlas systems, they have about $40 to $50 worth of equipment stuffed in a shell and sold for over $200; its pet peeve of mine for a company or person to charge a massive markup for no better reason than they can and people that dont know any different will pay, i just seems kinda dishonest to me.

I need to save at least $300 before I feel like maybe DIYing something. My time is simply too valuable to me and money is not a significant constraint for me either.

I need to save at least $300 before I feel like maybe DIYing something. My time is simply too valuable to me and money is not a significant constraint for me either.
meh guess i'm just frugal then; i'd rather spend the hour to make it than pay even $60 more than is needed.
to each their own i guess, as far as range though you can probably get close to a 18 or 20 Dbi gain from a yagi type antenna with the right design and size even without an amp; i believe that one that was linked was a 16 Dbi gain

4AB46A32-6774-4448-B158-B5220D4BA873.jpeg

I ordered a set of these from fleabay 11.00 ea.16dbi, I will mount to a tripod,they come with cable attached.I have both the atlas and cyclone and I also am happy with those but, need to punch though a valley in the mountains between two peaks and over another. For 25 bucks not a big investment,and I will use these with my atlas booster, they have a 17 degree Field so different than the cyclone which I believe is 45 degree

The antenna works pretty well. Need to do some more specific testing away from my wifi-infested neighborhood, but even there it improved my distance. Hope to share specific numbers soon.

Hey great purchase. Can you just clear one thing up for me. Are you attaching this new antenna to the atlas box itself or are you just connecting it without the atlas box straight to the top of the controller?

We do not have those yet, but it is our intent to use amplified with the box

We do not have those yet, but it is our intent to use amplified with the box

Sorry I am confused. I quoted someone who has the atlas and also puchased this antenna set off eBay to supplement the atlas. I was wondering it is attaching directly to controller or to the atlas box itself. Are you also purchasing this? Is that what you are saying? Thanks

Hey great purchase. Can you just clear one thing up for me. Are you attaching this new antenna to the atlas box itself or are you just connecting it without the atlas box straight to the top of the controller?

I've used it both ways actually, it works well either way, of course range is better when its on the Atlas.

Also, I found the antenna too big to fit in my densely packed Mavic hard case, so I... broke it in half! It has no wires in the middle, it just has this expanding plastic thing so you can adapt the antenna to different connector placement widths. I just snapped it right in the middle and now it's much smaller and fits inside my case just fine. The way I broke it, the two pieces still slide into each other, so the antennas do not spin around on the connectors (although I'm not sure that would matter much if it did, with circular polarized antennas).

Sorry I am confused. I quoted someone who has the atlas and also puchased this antenna set off eBay to supplement the atlas. I was wondering it is attaching directly to controller or to the atlas box itself. Are you also purchasing this? Is that what you are saying? Thanks

Me bad, answered wrong post

The atlas antenna connects with a quick connect adapter.
The polarized antennas do not use the same adapter.

Atlas uses the SMA quick connect.

How did you make the connection... Did you have to by an SMA quick connect to threaded female adapter?

The atlas antenna connects with a quick connect adapter.
The polarized antennas do not use the same adapter.

Atlas uses the SMA quick connect.

How did you make the connection... Did you have to by an SMA quick connect to threaded female adapter?

The Atlas comes with adapters to attach the omnidirectional antennas to the Atlas box. You can unscrew those adapters and use them on the directional antenna too. That's how I'm doing it.

The Atlas comes with adapters to attach the omnidirectional antennas to the Atlas box. You can unscrew those adapters and use them on the directional antenna too. That's how I'm doing it.

Wow great thinking lol. What range increase have you noticed with both the atlas and directional antennas in use at the same time vs a stock setup

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glenn-S