Top Mount

RUFFSTUFF

RUFFSTUFF Media
Premium Pilot
Reactions
Site
www.ruffstuffmedia.com
Good morning All!

Has anyone come across a Mini 3 Pro TOP MOUNT for the Firehouse Technology ARC V yet? I have one for my A2S and one on order for my M3, and would love one for the Mini 3 Pro.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Velcro isn’t an option?
Velcro sucks, never...
I'm currently using Dual Lock and I'm not a big fan of that either, especially when compared to these:

Courtesy of Aerial-Pixel
1671474568093.png1671474616029.png1671474894383.png

Not being a Karen, but an Arc V will put you over 250 grams. In fact ANY light will put you over.
The mini 3 pro typically weighs in at 245-246g with standard battery, SD card and 'lens hood'. There are a choice of strobes that weigh less than 5g. The lens hood can be removed to free up another 0.7g if needed. It is possible to fit a strobe to the mini3p without exceeding 250g flying weight, nor resorting to drastic measures.

Reactions: basyok
Not being a Karen, but an Arc V will put you over 250 grams. In fact ANY light will put you over.
Look at my signature and ask yourself how important you think 250g is to me.

Reactions: basyok
The mini 3 pro typically weighs in at 245-246g with standard battery, SD card and 'lens hood'. There are a choice of strobes that weigh less than 5g. The lens hood can be removed to free up another 0.7g if needed. It is possible to fit a strobe to the mini3p without exceeding 250g flying weight, nor resorting to drastic measures.
All the reviews I have seen list it closer to 248 grams ready to fly. Plus, whatever you use to attach it adds weight.

Really now?. Show us ONE 3mile strobe under 5g.
It all depends upon what you are using the drone to do.
It certainly does not.

All the reviews I have seen list it closer to 248 grams ready to fly. Plus, whatever you use to attach it adds weight.
With my Firehouse Arc V attached, my M3P weighs 260g. The Arc V by itself weighs 13g, the drone is 247g. Stole the wife's postal scale.
With the Plus battery installed, the combo jumps to 302g.

Really now?. Show us ONE 3mile strobe under 5g.

This... claims to be 4g and suitable for FAA night flight requirements, though there wasn't any mention the strobe needed to meet those requirements earlier in the discussion.

I weighed my mini3p on 2 different sets of scales and got full up weights of 245.3 and 245.9g, with the lens bezel/hood on. Maybe mine's a lighter sample.

This... claims to be 4g and suitable for FAA night flight requirements, though there wasn't any mention the strobe needed to meet those requirements earlier in the discussion.

I weighed my mini3p on 2 different sets of scales and got full up weights of 245.3 and 245.9g, with the lens bezel/hood on. Maybe mine's a lighter sample.
Nice.
Seeing how this thread ISN"T about strobes though, it's best to get back on track before one of those mods catch on.
:)

Reactions: scro
I know you said you weren't a fan of velcro pads, but how about velcro straps? I've tried using one to secure a 150g 1300 lumen bike light to my mini3 and it worked very well. Really solid mount and completely removable quickly and easily. Surprisingly agile despite carrying so much extra weight. Literally like a car headlight on the drone, lighting up trees 50m away. 😆

I know you said you weren't a fan of velcro pads, but how about velcro straps? I've tried using one to secure a 150g 1300 lumen bike light to my mini3 and it worked very well. Really solid mount and completely removable quickly and easily. Surprisingly agile despite carrying so much extra weight. Literally like a car headlight on the drone, lighting up trees 50m away. 😆
Nope, thanks.

Enjoy your velcro. Hope it don't fall off.
Good morning All!

Has anyone come across a Mini 3 Pro TOP MOUNT for the Firehouse Technology ARC V yet? I have one for my A2S and one on order for my M3, and would love one for the Mini.

Thanks!
I use 2-sided carpet tape (on Mini SE).
Light weight, pretty sticky, and can be easily removed if need be.
Or if you crash hard 🥺

I use 2-sided carpet tape (on Mini SE).
Light weight, pretty sticky, and can be easily removed if need be.
Or if you crash hard 🥺
Yeah, not interested in velcro, dual lock (which I am currently using), carpet tape, scotch tape, duck tape, gaffers tape, masking tape, electrical tape, painter's tape, fashion tape, surgical tape or crazy glue, gorilla glue, elmer's glue, PVC glue, wood glue, fabric glue, hot glue, spray glue or a glue stick.

Just a good old fashioned piece of 3D printed magic.

Reactions: cneedelman
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2434Rose