DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Top speed into a tree... Gimbal / Camera repair

Kitejunkiee

Reactions
Had the drone only a week and crashed it straight into a tree.

I Tested it after the crash and it had gimbal overload, clearly saw ribbon cable snapped. Camera was all working. Replaced gimbal ribbon cable very carefully making sure not to pinch the video or ribbon. Putting it all back together still getting overload and now no video...

I took covers off again including the camera cover and checked all wiring. Checked all plugs and re-seated them all several times. I would think the camera and gimbal need replacing though the fact that the camera did work after the crash makes me think prehaps there is more to try before ordering a entire new camera/gimbal.

Had the drone only a week and crashed it straight into a tree.

I Tested it after the crash and it had gimbal overload, clearly saw ribbon cable snapped. Camera was all working. Replaced gimbal ribbon cable very carefully making sure not to pinch the video or ribbon. Putting it all back together still getting overload and now no video...

I took covers off again including the camera cover and checked all wiring. Checked all plugs and re-seated them all several times. I would think the camera and gimbal need replacing though the fact that the camera did work after the crash makes me think prehaps there is more to try before ordering a entire new camera/gimbal.
I suggest that you ask @Thunderdrones for his advice

Thank you @Anthony Viscomi for the mention.

Your gimbal control board might now be fried if youre not getting any video or gimbal movement. I sell new gimbals and take broken gimbals in trade. Feel free to message me if interested.

Thank you @Anthony Viscomi for the mention.

Your gimbal control board might now be fried if youre not getting any video or gimbal movement. I sell new gimbals and take broken gimbals in trade. Feel free to message me if interested.
How much do you charge with a trade-in? I just replaced the whole damaged gimbal with a new one because I didn't want to take it apart. Having a functioning backup would be nice. Thanks.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Electrakill21