DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Top Wind Speed For Cini Mode

AlgebraMan

Reactions
I have seen tons of videos for top max fling wind speed but I need to know what is the top wind speed for smooth video & photos. I am a photographer so my needs are for the nice clean shots without jerking. If I could determine what my max wind speed for great stability is, my preflight planning would take a leap forward.

I do not know, but an educated guess would be what is listed in the manual under max wind resistance (8 m/s). Please correct me if I'm wrong, but stability is achieved via gimbal, not flight wind speed. On the other hand you are right too, too much wind and it will drift away or move around without control.

Would say it's impossible to say ... DJI have put a max wind speed resistance to 8m/s ... but to get smooth shots it will also depend on how gusty it is.
And furthermore ... how can you know these parameters on those different altitudes you will fly?

You will never be able to establish some kind of thumb rule regarding this ... over time with flight experience you can suspect if it probably will be ok, but on higher altitudes the winds can be very different anyhow.

Reactions: AlgebraMan
a good way to check if you are going to be able to return to your home point ,after you take off go up 20ft turn into the wind and see what the MM is doing ,is it struggling to hold position if it is at 20ft it will definately be at 150ft,,as the higher you go so the stronger the wind ,if you are happy with the wind try to position yourself down wind of the place you want to film that way the wind will assist the MM on the way back,and once you have finished filming in C mode you can change to P mode for the return journey and also reduce some height if appropriate,if you do a RTH then the return speed is set and the height is what you set it to in the app,

Reactions: AlgebraMan
Just like camera settings, there is no one right number. Light changes and wind speed as well. Learning to fly means developing the skills to deal with these issues as they arise. All the rest is magic thinking.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seaphotos