DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Topical Subject About Privacy

Boston_Camera

Reactions
I was the DP on a short film we did about privacy when it comes to drones flying over or on your property. It may be good for discussion:

“VIRAL”

Link:

Reactions: hactick
Yes, interesting. Obviously, 1st Amendment law, assuming Eric didn't count as a "public figure", doesn't protect "false or misleading speech" or "with reckless disregard for the truth". For public figures, of course, the actual malice standard applies. So a defamation case would have a chance. But the damage is already done.

Depending what camera he / you has on that Inspire - he may also be too close to private property. He would be too close to the house in the UK - the garden doesn't really count under the UK Dronecode. No knowledge of Mass State law on drones & privacy ...

Anyway, legalisms aside and recognising it's fiction - the pilot might have not been breaking the law taking the pictures (again, the UK law has subtly different, more restrictive rules for drones using cameras and our EU derived privacy laws apply) but he is clearly a (fictional) git!

Reactions: Boston_Camera
Nicely done. I’m not sure what the take away was but it does capture the modern dilemma of privacy in a high tech world.
It’s unfortunate that the drone guy had to be such a slimeball but I suppose that is the general stereotype the public holds.

The drone had absolutely nothing to do with this. The guy could have filmed the exact same thing with his phone. This whole video was pointless
14oad0h.jpg

Nicely done. I’m not sure what the take away was but it does capture the modern dilemma of privacy in a high tech world.
It’s unfortunate that the drone guy had to be such a slimeball but I suppose that is the general stereotype the public holds.
Thanks. Yeah it was fiction so there needed to be some kind of story dilemma and confrontation and then solution for the story arc. The dickhead is a good actor though! His character is a real slime ball!!! ?

The drone had absolutely nothing to do with this. The guy could have filmed the exact same thing with his phone. This whole video was pointless
14oad0h.jpg
And the person taking the video edits this video just like the "Fake News" to get the perspective they want whether it is the truth or not.

Ahhhh.... dude. It’s fiction. Calm down.
Then what was the point in injecting a drone into the story? The same video could have been captured with many other devices in similar situations.

Domestic violence is captured all the time and posted on YouTube or reported in the news. Do a search.
2ikb6t4.jpg

Last edited:
Then what was the point in injecting a drone into the story? The same video could have been captured with many other devices in similar situations.
Because it’s a timely subject. Unscrupulous people ARE using drones to invade the privacy of others. The film was made to bring awareness to this subject. But it’s only fiction, even though these situations DO happen.

Because it’s a timely subject. Unscrupulous people ARE using drones to invade the privacy of others. The film was made to bring awareness to this subject. But it’s only fiction, even though these situations DO happen.
So do you plan on doing your next video to bring awareness to how things like phone and security cameras are invading people’s privacy as well??

Gee, you post an anti drone video on a drone enthusiast site and some people have a problem with it. What a surprise.
It’s not an anti drone film. It’s a short narrative FICTION film crafted to bring awareness to privacy issues. I’m also a drone enthusiast. Some people just don’t get the message!

A better ending would be as Eric rubs it in about "this is the future baby," the man Stomps on his drone breaks it to Smithereens

Well done Boston_Camera! Bringing attention to complex social issues is a valuable contribution. Anyone who has ever attempted to make a production as complex as what you have presented here knows how much work goes into it.

Well done Boston_Camera! Bringing attention to complex social issues is a valuable contribution. Anyone who has ever attempted to make a production as complex as what you have presented here knows how much work goes into it.
Thank you GoGracefully

It’s not an anti drone film. It’s a short narrative FICTION film crafted to bring awareness to privacy issues. I’m also a drone enthusiast. Some people just don’t get the message!

There are a couple things in this video that perpetuate the current negative public opinion of drones.

1 The Inspire camera (X3 pictured) is a 12mp non zooming camera (your cell phone camera not zoomed), so it would have had to be hovering in his yard for that video (Inspires are loud) and no one noticed.
2 The Inspire does not have audio recording capability.

But you are correct it is fiction, but Joe public that watches this doesn't know that drones don't do that in real life.

There are a couple things in this video that perpetuate the current negative public opinion of drones.

1 The Inspire camera (X3 pictured) is a 12mp non zooming camera (your cell phone camera not zoomed), so it would have had to be hovering in his yard for that video (Inspires are loud) and no one noticed.
2 The Inspire does not have audio recording capability.

But you are correct it is fiction, but Joe public that watches this doesn't know that drones don't do that in real life.
Even though this film is fiction... unfortunately some sleazy drone ops DO use their UAVs to spy into yards and windows. Sad.

Even though this film is fiction... unfortunately some sleazy drone ops DO use their UAVs to spy into yards and windows. Sad.

I agree, but in real life those drones presence are known, can be photographed/reported easily and don't record conversations.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78