DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Travelling to UK - Customs/Regulations

Palliz

Reactions
There are probably threads on this here somewhere but just to cut researching short - Anyone an offer info on rules / regs taking Mavic into the UK? Have a 2 week vacation planned & it seems airlines are ok if you carry-on but what about UK Customs & licences etc........?
Thanks in advance guys

There are probably threads on this here somewhere but just to cut researching short - Anyone an offer info on rules / regs taking Mavic into the UK? Have a 2 week vacation planned & it seems airlines are ok if you carry-on but what about UK Customs & licences etc........?
Thanks in advance guys

I've taken a Mavic over there a couple of times, flying into LHR on Delta and United. No issues at all in either direction. I had the batteries in carry on luggage and the aircraft in checked on one occasion, carry on the other time. Recreational use both times so no licenses.

I've taken a Mavic over there a couple of times, flying into LHR on Delta and United. No issues at all in either direction. I had the batteries in carry on luggage and the aircraft in checked on one occasion, carry on the other time. Recreational use both times so no licenses.
Thanks for this - appreciate the heads up

Personal use in the UK, is pretty well by the 'Drone Code'. You don't require CAA approval unless you are working for commercial gain.
I doubt you will have any problems.

Attachments

• Dronecode.pdf
    131 KB · Views: 12
Personal use in the UK, is pretty well by the 'Drone Code'. You don't require CAA approval unless you are working for commercial gain.
I doubt you will have any problems.
Great - looking forward to the trip

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman