DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Travelling with Mavic Mini (airport question Australia)

RJRFLY

Reactions
Hi

i am travelling interstate from Sydney to Hobart, Melbourne etc) in the next few days

Just wondering if anyone has had any issues having their mavic mini / drone and spare batteries in their carry on?

Reactions: Mavrick007
No never had an issue.
Always batteries in carry on, and obviously the mini itself will be safer with you too, though it can go in checked baggage.
You just need to isolate the battery terminals, to prevent shorting out, a bit of tape, or pop them into ziplock bags.
Enjoy tassie, great landscapes for aerial photos / video, but National Parks are off limits there for take off and landing.

I live in Tassie and flew to Darwin in June on Qantas with my Mavic 2 Pro in hard case. I have 4 batteries- 3 in their compartments and one attached to the drone.
I took it as carry on and it went through the x-ray with no problem.
I asked if they wanted me to store all 4 batteries in a Lipo bag, but they said it wasn't necessary.
Hope that helps.

I have traveled extensively interstate as well as O/S.
It is always wise to have a very low charge in your batteries and always carry them in your hand luggage.
I have never been questioned when my onboard bag is scanned.

It is always wise to have a very low charge in your batteries and always carry them in your hand luggage.
No-one at the airport cares about the charge level of your drone batteries.
Just as they don't care about the charge level of the batteries in your phone or laptop.

Just keep the batteries with the carry on luggage. No issues flying domestic or international here in Australia if you do that.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hiinthesky