DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Tree surfing

RTKD

Reactions
This is a mix between a gimbal, a mavic pro, and my custom race platform. I'm pushing the envelop with what I think is palatable; this stuff makes a lot of people sick :) I'm getting better though...
Music: Take it Easy by Jetta (matstubs remix)

Please feel free to comment!

Nice flying! That's a really interesting set of techniques you're using. I don't have that kind of bravery, I don't think. Great choice of music for that footage. I can see how people would get an uneasy feeling from it, but I actually liked it.

Reactions: RTKD
This is a mix between a gimbal, a mavic pro, and my custom race platform. I'm pushing the envelop with what I think is palatable; this stuff makes a lot of people sick :) I'm getting better though...
Music: Take it Easy by Jetta (matstubs remix)

Please feel free to comment!

Whoa!!!
Would really be interesting watching that in 3D with VR goggles.
Excellent video.

Would really be interesting watching that in 3D with VR goggles.
Excellent video.
It's funny you say that, because I need goggles to fly that way. These are the cheapest worth buying, Ev800D. I do not however fly with the cat
VeWtcvX.jpg

I don't have that kind of bravery, I don't think
I love to fly these because you're allowed, even expected to crash. I crash a lot, but since I built it, I can generally fix it. I've chronicled some of my better crashes in this video, at one point even landing upside down in a canal. After 8 hours of searching, and almost 24 hours in the water, I was able to recover most of the parts. Dry 'em out, they still fly!

You’ve made photographing trees a thing! Props to ya
Thank you, I LOVE trees. I really could shoot trees all day.

I wanted to throw this up too, I made one of my best crashes into a gif. You see the impact, I loose an ND filter, and tumble into a canal.
freegifmaker.me_2dwTM.gif

lol, wow. Glad you can find humor in it. but sounds like its a custom drone and not an expensive DJI product where more $$ is lost.

lol, wow. Glad you can find humor in it. but sounds like its a custom drone and not an expensive DJI product where more $$ is lost.
Exactly, and honestly that issue is the real reason I post here. I love my Mavic, but I was always stressed out when I fly because the shots I want put it in constant danger. Now that I fly these custom race drones I'm even more impressed with what DJI has been able to do. The controller with the phone tether, as well as the software updates and geofencing are a pain, but the overall reliability of the aircraft is really impressive. My custom drones break down, and not just from the repeated crashes. It's a difficult ecosystem to keep working at a professional level, and when there's money on the table I still bring the DJI

All of those reverse shots are actually forward flying shots that you run in reverse during editing. Right? Makes me seriously want to build one of these race drones ! Perfect sync with the music. Great editing for sure!

All of those reverse shots are actually forward flying shots that you run in reverse during editing. Right? Makes me seriously want to build one of these race drones ! Perfect sync with the music. Great editing for sure!
Most of them are reversed, but I'm also trying to work on a style where I never fly straight forward or straight back, but in arcs to the left and right. The idea is that with proper execution you can have long segments where you're unsure as to the direction of time. Works on the Mavic too

Here's a short remix with more slow motion. Mostly just messing with time and color in DaVinci Resolve. I'm liking filing everything at 60 FPS to slow it down in post.

Reactions: Kevin Cooke
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
devilsown