Tripltek 7 Pro 8GB Ultra Bright Tablet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volatus Drones

Approved Vendor
Reactions
Site
www.empiredroneco.com
Introducing the Tripltek 7 Pro 8GB Ultra Bright Tablet. Dust and water spray resistant, with a high resolution Ultra Bright 1200 cd/m² display means the Tripltek 7 Pro is one of the most rugged and bright drone displays on the market.

This Android tablet with optional LTE connection is compatible with most DJI, Autel, and Parrot drones.

Pre-order yours today! Shipments begin 1/28/21.

TRIPLTEK 7" Pro 8GB Ultra-Bright Tablet
A6867838-4C1A-4BC8-8825-34428114E257.jpeg

What is the Processor speed compared to the Smart Controller ,as I notice some Lag and wondering if this is better in that department ?

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic in the Rain and Land on Water.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Hmmm...

Attachments

• F1582693-662A-4F8B-BA81-316339185EA9.jpeg
    F1582693-662A-4F8B-BA81-316339185EA9.jpeg
    256.4 KB · Views: 57
What is the Processor speed compared to the Smart Controller ,as I notice some Lag and wondering if this is better in that department ?

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic in the Rain and Land on Water.
Processor speed by itself doesn't tell a lot. The Tripltek has 8 cores, more or less running at 2 Ghz. I'm not 100% sure about the Smart Controller, but I believe it's running a Rockchip RK3288, quad core CPU, with the cores running at 1.8 Ghz.

If you wanted to compare the speed of the Tripltek feels, I would guess it will have a performance similar to a phone or tablet running a Snapdragon 820 series chipset. That would the Pixel/Pixel XL, One Plus 2, Samsung Galaxy A8.

CPU isn't the only metric that will affect performance. The amount and speed of the RAM will also be a factor. How the filesystem is setup can have an impact too.

This is all based on specs and benchmark tests, I think you would want to see an actual SC compared to an actual Tripltek.

Yes but the $235 Feel World 7 inch screen, that is double the brightness, at 2,200 nits, works even better, but just not as robust as this very expensive screen. Then again most of us don't throw our screens around.
What am I missing... You’re comparing an external “monitor” to a 64 Bit microprocessor tablet... And you’re questioning cost??

What am I missing... You’re comparing an external “monitor” to a 64 Bit microprocessor tablet... And you’re questioning cost??
Okay understood, they are not both apples and for a tablet that is a very good brightness, which is very important, but it is still expensive. I think I'd rather buy a Smart Controller for putting out that sort of money.

Reactions: junglew1340
People that have those like them a lot.

Reactions: eaglesurfing
I love my CrystalSky 5.5 because I can see it in direct sunlight. Unfortunately, it has a 32 bit processor and won't run the DJI Fly App. Saw the review by Captain Drone a while back and it looks good, and had I not already bought the CrystalSky, I likely would buy it. Both are expensive. At the moment I'm leaning toward the Smart Controller as a second controller.

People that have those like them a lot.
I purchased one, and have mixed feelings as to the worth. my justification to myself was that in addition to the bright screen, I would have a rugged tablet to use for other things besides flying my drones. that is not quite working out.
The operating system is a little out of date so that you can't run a lot of apps such as Netflix. So at this point I think that my decision to buy it was not the correct one. I think a good tablet and a sunscreen would have been a better choice for me. only time will tell.

I love my CrystalSky 5.5 because I can see it in direct sunlight. Unfortunately, it has a 32 bit processor and won't run the DJI Fly App. Saw the review by Captain Drone a while back and it looks good, and had I not already bought the CrystalSky, I likely would buy it. Both are expensive. At the moment I'm leaning toward the Smart Controller as a second controller.
Just a note for anyone with or contemplating buying a smart Controller and also wanting a second screen. The SC is great, I have one, but if you want to have a slightly larger screen and double the brightness in direct sunlight, compared to even the very bright SC, then buy the FeelWorld 279S model which is a light weight, 2,200 nits and connects via the HDMI port on the SC. I use this larger screen to see only what the camerashws and the SC screen for all the flight info etc. With that said, you can also choose to have the FeelWorld monito mirror the screen of the SC. I bought mine as an open box sale on ebay for $173. It is by far the best option for anyone wanting a second larger and super, super bright monitor for flying and filming.

Reactions: junglew1340
I purchased one, and have mixed feelings as to the worth. my justification to myself was that in addition to the bright screen, I would have a rugged tablet to use for other things besides flying my drones. that is not quite working out.
The operating system is a little out of date so that you can't run a lot of apps such as Netflix. So at this point I think that my decision to buy it was not the correct one. I think a good tablet and a sunscreen would have been a better choice for me. only time will tell.

I guess there's always the exception!

The current version of the Netflix apprequires Android version 5.0 or later. Devices running earlier versions of Android OS (as well as the Samsung Galaxy 10.1" Tablet) will be prompted to download a compatible earlier versionof the Netflix app.

The tablet should have no problem running Netflix. If there are issues message @TRIPLTEK for assistance.

The way I look at the SC is that it's a controller that just happens to be running Android. If I had one, it would be pretty much just used as a controller. It's like the Amazon Fire TV Stick. It's running Linux, but I don't look at it as a Linux device.

If you want a tablet device and you want to run table apps, then an iPad tends to make more sense. There are more apps designed to take advantage of the iPad's size than there are apps optimized for Android tablets.

Reactions: Olduralrider
The current version of the Netflix apprequires Android version 5.0 or later. Devices running earlier versions of Android OS (as well as the Samsung Galaxy 10.1" Tablet) will be prompted to download a compatible earlier versionof the Netflix app.

The tablet should have no problem running Netflix. If there are issues message @TRIPLTEK for assistance.
Yes, Netflix is confirmed to run fine on the Tablet. It is described in one of the questions on the FAQ on the TRIPLTEK website

Reactions: Olduralrider
Sì, ma lo schermo da $ 235 Feel World da 7 pollici, che è il doppio della luminosità, a 2.200 nit, funziona ancora meglio, ma non è così robusto come questo schermo molto costoso. Poi di nuovo la maggior parte di noi non getta i nostri schermi in giro.

Va bene capito, non sono entrambe le mele e per un tablet è una luminosità molto buona, il che è molto importante, ma è comunque costoso. Penso che preferirei acquistare uno Smart Controller per spendere quel tipo di denaro.

Attachments

• 1 bis.jpg
    1 bis.jpg
    313.1 KB · Views: 30
Reactions: MA2 317
Yes, Netflix is confirmed to run fine on the Tablet. It is described in one of the questions on the FAQ on the TRIPLTEK website
well yes it runs.. but you have run a rather old version of the netflix application and it is missing some features..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magic31