DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2 Trucks and Thunderstorms are a Rollin' - Hyperlapse

Bufface

Reactions
It starts off a bright sunny day at the TA truckstop along historic route 66 in Moriarty, New Mexico. As the day wears on, clouds and a thunderstorm roll in, but the truckers are always working to deliver the goods!

HYPERLAPSE_0189a-DeNoiseAI-severe-noise.jpg

It starts off a bright sunny day at the TA truckstop along historic route 66 in Moriarty, New Mexico. As the day wears on, clouds and a thunderstorm roll in, but the truckers are always working to deliver the goods!

View attachment 139079
Very cool. Love the shot of the lightning. Is Moriarty on I-40? Know that Amarillo, TX - the weather can change like 10 times in 8 hours - from 80 degrees to snow and such.

Reactions: Bufface
I like the video - great pic with lightning strike!

Reactions: Bufface
Very cool. Love the shot of the lightning. Is Moriarty on I-40? Know that Amarillo, TX - the weather can change like 10 times in 8 hours - from 80 degrees to snow and such.

Yes it is on I-40, that is the main highway with all the fast traffic in the video. I-40 replaced rt-66 for the most part, the only thing left of rt-66 is that section of road running through town. This is true for other sections too, there are "historic rt-66" segments in other towns. I-40 was made to bypass all those towns, and replaced rt-66 in the open areas.

Very nice. What settings and how did set up the drone and programs to get these shots. Did you move the drone manually, or did you use one of the programs included in the controllers?

Very nice. What settings and how did set up the drone and programs to get these shots. Did you move the drone manually, or did you use one of the programs included in the controllers?

Yes, I used the programs in the Air2. 1.3 second exposure on all shots, and corresponding filter to get the EV down to 0.0. This ususually means and ND-2000 for daytime scenes.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
piloter