DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

TRUST I feel dumb/bad now

JamesJB

Reactions
Hi guys I brought my Mavic Air 2S Fly more combo June 10th 2022.

First off I knew there are rules and regulations at the beginning,I have heard of Part 107,BUT I just recently found out about TRUST.

I have been flying my drone making sure im LOS with my drone and stuff,getting the Strobes for my drone,etc.,Registering my Drone and putting my Registration on my drone.

Now my questions about TRUST;
Where is a Legit/Recommended place to get study material and to take the test? Is it Hard like the Part 107?
Can I take the test online or will I need to find a testing site?
Is it free or do ya need to pay like ya do for Part 107
Can I still fly without TRUST in the mean time or should I keep my self grounded till I get my cert?

I just want to make sure I follow all Regulations and Rules.
I don't want to get in trouble.
I am sorry for flying with out TRUST,I really didn't know :(

Last edited:
Pretty well all your answers are here.
It's free. I used this place to do mine. You really can't fail it and it only takes like 10 minutes at most.

Pretty well all your answers are here.
It's free. I used this place to do mine. You really can't fail it and it only takes like 10 minutes at most.
Awesome thank you very much.

Reactions: Tufargon
I am sorry for flying with out TRUST, I really didn't know

The tagline of the old cartoon G I.Joe was,

“Now you know. And knowing is half the battle…”

The TRUST test wont let you fail and you should keep a copy with you when you fly. :)

Good luck and thanks for being a responsible PIC. 👍

Once you conquer the TRUST, then set your sights on the 107. Given the responsible steps that you have already taken, I think that you will find it worth it.

Reactions: GFields and Dbez1
Now my questions about TRUST;
Where is a Legit/Recommended place to get study material and to take the test? Is it Hard like the Part 107?
Can I take the test online or will I need to find a testing site?
Is it free or do ya need to pay like ya do for Part 107
Can I still fly without TRUST in the mean time or should I keep my self grounded till I get my cert?
Go to the FAA's website, the test and the training are online and free and no where near as involved as the 107. You are required to have taken and passed the TRUST to fly recreationally. So if you don't have it . . . . . you should get it ;) It's easy to study and pass the TRUST.

. . . . . . . .I just want to make sure I follow all Regulations and Rules. I don't want to get in trouble.

Get used to going to the FAA website, if you are going to eventually get certified as a 107 you will need to be able to go to the site and navigate to the pertinent pages and sections. Everything you need to know or could ask about safe and responsible drone flying is there. Good Luck.

Reactions: rickmurray1989
Feeling dum here but what does PIC stand for again? lol.

Go to the FAA's website, the test and the training are online and free and no where near as involved as the 107. You are required to have taken and passed the TRUST to fly recreationally. So if you don't have it . . . . . you should get it ;) It's easy to study and pass the TRUST.

Get used to going to the FAA website, if you are going to eventually get certified as a 107 you will need to be able to go to the site and navigate to the pertinent pages and sections. Everything you need to know or could ask about safe and responsible drone flying is there. Good Luck.
I have been thinking about the Part 107 down the road.
I am just worried about the Nav Charts lol,never really learned how to read normal paper maps I mean the ones ya used before GPS when driving.
There is so much more stuff on those Nav Charts lol.

Pilot In Command.

Here's a list of commonly used acronyms to help with learning the stuff.

Acronyms & Abbreviations

I've been flying since 2017 and still learning today.

An example of this is the NOTAM.

It used to be Notice To Air Men.

Now it's Notice to Air Missions.

TFR's & NOTAMS may be published and available in apps such as AIRMAP or ALOFT, available in the play stores.

I check these before going out the door to fly.

Never know if the President is stopping by or an airshow taking place some where in the airspace you're flying that could be temporarily restricted.

Reactions: JTZ
I am just worried about the Nav Charts lol,never really learned how to read normal paper maps I mean the ones ya used before GPS when driving.
I had no manned aviation experience prior to getting certified but as I looked into the process it became clear that it would be a steep climb, but in the end it's about your expectations. I studied for at least a month and a half. The good thing is that it is not like a college exam - you do it on your time schedule.

Getting the 107 is not hard and it will make you a better pilot but take the first step and get the TRUST behind you.

Reactions: JTZ and MA2 317
Thank you very much for that information.

Reactions: MA2 317
I had no manned aviation experience prior to getting certified but as I looked into the process it became clear that it would be a steep climb, but in the end it's about your expectations. I studied for at least a month and a half. The good thing is that it is not like a college exam - you do it on your time schedule.

Getting the 107 is not hard and it will make you a better pilot but take the first step and get the TRUST behind you.
Ok thank you for that.
Were the Nav Charts hard for you?

PIC = Pilot in Command, or really just the pilot.

Advice- take your time with the TRUST training/quiz. I have a Pt. 107 certificate and TRUST took me more than 10 minutes, there’s no need to hurry!
The charts are tricky to read, for sure. And there are some other complex subjects in the Pt. 107 exam. It can be humbling!

But there is no need to worry about that now.
Take the TRUST.
Print the certificate and carry it with you.
Use B4UFLY to check out airspace where you want to fly.
Use the web to figure out if flying is permitted by the property owner.
Follow the flight regs you learn in TRUST.
Learn about local/state regs.
Stay rec.

That’s enough to keep you legal and respectful of regs and the rights of property owners.

Then fly, fly, fly. You’ll be keeping pace with the best rec pilots. Pt. 107 is nice to have, for sure, but is not needed for rec flying.

Ok thank you for that.
Were the Nav Charts hard for you?
You're welcome. The (sectionals) ;) - are about airspace, and it is one of the deeper categories but by no means are the others easy. Weather was one of the ones that I really had to study. In the initial test (the first you take for 107), knowledge of weather is tested but when you come back for recurrency (test we take every 24 months), does not test for weather.

You're welcome. The (sectionals) ;) - are about airspace, and it is one of the deeper categories but by no means are the others easy. Weather was one of the ones that I really had to study. In the initial test (the first you take for 107), knowledge of weather is tested but when you come back for recurrency (test we take every 24 months), does not test for weather.
Oh ok cool.

Reactions: Ty Pilot
Reactions: PixelMagic
Pilot in Command. Sometime written as RPIC for remote pilot in command. In a 107 operation the person holding the controller might not be the licensed PIC.

Wow thats alot of stuff on those maps :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boonaga