DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Turtles are more dangerous than Drones!

FoxhallGH

Reactions
  • Haha
Reactions: dawgpilot
Clearly we need a registration system for all owners of turtles and terrapins per year immediately! Based on numbers I have just pulled out of my *** and can't substantiate in the slightest, I would suggest a rate of £16.50 per year for each "owner" of such creatures, plus a small on-line questionaire to ensure they are competent to undertake their care and feeding safely. "Owners" would then be able to delegate the care and feeding to others, let's call them "keepers", who just need to be registered and pass the competency test with no fee required.

/sarc

Clearly we need a registration system for all owners of turtles and terrapins per year immediately! Based on numbers I have just pulled out of my *** and can't substantiate in the slightest, I would suggest a rate of £16.50 per year for each "owner" of such creatures, plus a small on-line questionaire to ensure they are competent to undertake their care and feeding safely. "Owners" would then be able to delegate the care and feeding to others, let's call them "keepers", who just need to be registered and pass the competency test with no fee required.

/sarc
If I own a turtle and a drone, can I get a discount?

Darn - there is just no way I can get out of this registration fee ...

Clearly hitting a drone while in the air and hitting a turtle on the ground have different consequences for an airplane but I hear you.

Now lets talk tortoises...those guys can get huge and could impact a plane taxiing on the ground.

FLYING TURTLES however are another thing...now that's something we all need to be wary of !

Clearly hitting a drone while in the air and hitting a turtle on the ground have different consequences for an airplane but I hear you.

Now lets talk tortoises...those guys can get huge and could impact a plane taxiing on the ground.

FLYING TURTLES however are another thing...now that's something we all need to be wary of !
With obstacle avoidance turned on the DJI Spark is a flying turtle

Reactions: razoraerial
With obstacle avoidance turned on the DJI Spark is a flying turtle
OMG! - Does this mean that these aircraft have actually been hitting DJI Spark's and it's been misreported?? :eek:

In a semi-related note, the transcript of the most recent Commons hearing on drones had an interesting comment from David Phipps of the BMFA. Apparently, the BMFA has obtained a bunch of the UK's Airprox reports involving suspected sightings of drones via FOIA requests, with the result that the UK Airprox Board has concluded that they do not, in fact, have a single confirmed case of a drone sighting other than going by the word of the pilot. Conversely, they *do* have confirmed cases of potential conflict between manned aircraft and model aircraft that have been reported by the model aircraft pilot when the manned aircraft was not where it was supposed to be.

While I'm sure that at least some of those Airprox reports are legit, and equally there are many others that went unreported, it does seem very much like drones might not be *quite* the existential safety threat to manned aircraft that some are making them out to be.

Reactions: FoxhallGH
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan