DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Tutorial: 3D Photogrammetry with WebODM

Jug's Life

Reactions
Site
www.youtube.com

WebODM is free open source software. This model was built using 130 jpegs and 1 hour of processing time. Its easy to install by following the instructions. I will post an install video shortly.

Its easy to install by following the instructions. I will post an install video shortly.
Just curious, did you ever post that install video? I'm trying out a few different software options and I keep seeing good things about Web ODM. However the videos I see on the install seem to require a few other programs (docker, Git, etc.) to be installed.

Just curious, did you ever post that install video? I'm trying out a few different software options and I keep seeing good things about Web ODM. However the videos I see on the install seem to require a few other programs (docker, Git, etc.) to be installed.
I did not as they were several other install videos. Its actually super easy to install, just follow their step by step instructions. 90% of it is just waiting around for each step to install.

However, WebODM is not something I can recommend to use. I suggest Reality Capture, its free to download and install, nothing special needed. Run the exe and go at it. They only want you to pay if you EXPORT the model. You can still save and build them. Its super cheap to export, usually 1-3 dollars.

I paid to use the install package and it was super easy. So, I used Dronelink to fly the map area and shoot the pictures. Uploaded to WEBODM and created the map. I am trying to figure out is there a simple way to share the map, 3D Model so clients can see it that don’t have the software? How did you make a video with the 3D model? I know that Maps Made Easy has a simple option to create a web link. So far everything I have seen with WEBODM is rather complex. If you have any recommendations or tutorials you can point me to, that would be great!

I paid to use the install package and it was super easy. So, I used Dronelink to fly the map area and shoot the pictures. Uploaded to WEBODM and created the map. I am trying to figure out is there a simple way to share the map, 3D Model so clients can see it that don’t have the software? How did you make a video with the 3D model? I know that Maps Made Easy has a simple option to create a web link. So far everything I have seen with WEBODM is rather complex. If you have any recommendations or tutorials you can point me to, that would be great!
I gave up on WebODM for several reasons and went with MetaShape.

Does WebODM have the ability to upload to Sketcfab? That's a great platform where you upload your project an then SHARE it from there.

metashape is good if you can afford it and you have enough work for it. May I suggest you check out Richard Charpentier on YouTube. He has done a couple of instructional vids on using WebODM.
Regards

Reactions: BigAl07
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotSure