DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

UK Buying Advice Please?

thefrisbee995

Reactions
So I have been making videos for a couple of months with my P4P and have been well pleased with the results... But the thing is that I am getting to the point where I just think "argh.. effort". So I need to know, where can I get the fly more combo in the UK that will deliver in a reasonable time? Or are the shipping times STILL awful. Also, where is the best place to buy from in terms of price and how you'd rate the seller.

I got mine from Maplin's online..I didn't opt for the next day delivery as it was a tenner but it still came the next day..

Maplins is probably a good bet prices are the same all over for the fly more, i had to cancel my order with them as they could not get any for two months. i went elsewhere but now they seem to have a lot in stock. Probaly all those pre-orders that got cancelled.

still they did send me a 20 quid gift voucher in compensation. win some ,lose some i guess

Maplins is probably a good bet prices are the same all over for the fly more, i had to cancel my order with them as they could not get any for two months. i went elsewhere but now they seem to have a lot in stock. Probaly all those pre-orders that got cancelled.

still they did send me a 20 quid gift voucher in compensation. win some ,lose some i guess
Seems like mixed opinions with Maplins on here then. Two months is mad! I just made a thread because after posting this one I was thinking if that is the case, could something else be around the corner. Do you (or anyone else) know what the cause is for these continued delays? I remember the initial delays where I cancelled my order and got the P4P everyone was saying that they didn't expect so many orders and poor management but I don't even know what went on there anymore!

Reactions: Gary cato
DJI just got caught out pure and simple. The Mavic was the first of its kind and more people wanted a drone this year over Christmas than any other. Over one million drones were sold worldwide and what with all the teething problems as well as all their other products, DJI were not ready.

Russia had loads as no one really buys or fly's there, but the UK and Thailand got one batch which sold out before they even reached the shops. After that is was simple maths DJI just could not handle and were not ready for customer demand. When you have people selling P4's and even inspire 1's to buy the Mavic you can see how easy it was for demand to outstrip supply.
Next of course was the amount of non working and crashed Mavics adding to the problem, hence why people sending Mavics back were getting someone else's repaired Mavic.

I also do not believe there will be a Mavic 2 anytime too soon unless it is lower spec and lower price i mean that would really piss off DJI customers who waited months for one and then suddenly find themselves with an updated drone release.

They will do as much as they can in firmware updates and try to get this one as perfect as they can before a Mavic 2 is on the scene.

What you will get though is a whole new range of drones as others try to take the market from DJI.

i would not wait if i was looking for a drone for some generally good footage with the portability of the Mavic then why wait.

I have two one Russian brought and one Thailand brought and although i am not up to the standards of flying on here or the levels and distances flown so far. Both my Mavics have flown very very well without any cause for concern. They have pretty much done what it says on the tin.

The Mavic does not and can not claim the best camera or the best stability in winds (those high wind warnings really get on my tits).

What it can claim is it is the best drone in its price range that has the poratability to get it in the air in around 90 seconds.

in Bangkok i pulled up in a car park and had the drone flying in about 90 secs.

if you want superior footage out the box with no post production get a second hand inspire and all the set up times that come with it.

If you want to hike up a mountain trail or have a lightweight foldable drone that you can stick up i the air fast and capture some very good footage for the camera it has then go buy one now and get flying.

Bought mine two weeks ago from DJI direct. Delivered within 5 days.

London Camera Exchange, are showing FMC stock, I put my order in yesterday 26/3 and opted for finance,12 Months interest free with the option to pay as much deposit as you wish.
I have now received the confirmation receipt and it does look like it will ship today.

I will advise again later today, and if successful will cancel my WEX Photographic order.

My fly more combo was from Maplins. Ordered on Monday arrived Friday. A few weeks back though.

Just had an update email from London Exchange Cameras about my FMC,

Your order has been sent to our branch to be fulfilled and will be dispatched accordingly.

Looks promising,

Bought mine two weeks ago from DJI direct. Delivered within 5 days.

Been advised drone will ship today via UPS, and will be with me tomorrow.

So London Camera Exchange and Maplin's appear to have UK stock, available immediately.

Been advised drone will ship today via UPS, and will be with me tomorrow.

So London Camera Exchange and Maplin's appear to have UK stock, available immediately.
yes checked my local Maplins order today collect tomorrow

I had my Fly More from Scan.co.uk - delivered in two days (well, three since I had to get DPD to delay it a day). It was the best price around at the time - £1,249.99.

They have since gone up to £1,314.49 and are currently out of stock (basic kit is £1,099.49 and in stock).

I've never had a problem with DPD, and Scan get a 4.5/5 from me.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mini2+