DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

UK Certification

alan860

Reactions
Hi folks.

I’ve currently got a Mavic Mini but prob going to upgrade to a Mavic Air 2 shortly.

I know I don’t need any certification at present for the MM as it’s below the magic 250g. However I believe that’s going to change soon.

If I don’t intend to fly commercially, but similarly don’t want a whole bunch of restrictions, what certification do I need to do, for the Mini and also for the Air2 if I get one?

Any recommendations for schools, particularly if I can do it online?

Reactions: BarrieW
the registration process for drones over 250g ,has nothing to do with restrictions right now, anyone who flies a drone in none commercial situations needs operator ID, as the owner of a drone, plus if you intend to fly a drone then flyer ID is needed as well ,this is going to change apparently after the 31st of December 2020 ,when new rules and classifications are supposed to come into force

Reactions: THE CYBORG
Thanks Old Man Mavic. I got the registrations from the CAA anyway, as it doesn’t hurt to be over covered.

Do you know what I need to get to keep flying into 2021? No plans of it becoming a profession as I already have sufficient paperwork to do my work

Reactions: old man mavic
Thanks Old Man Mavic. I got the registrations from the CAA anyway, as it doesn’t hurt to be over covered.

Do you know what I need to get to keep flying into 2021? No plans of it becoming a profession as I already have sufficient paperwork to do my work
to be honest at the moment i am not really bothered to much ,as the new rules will run along side the present ones till 2022 it does say that any drone with a camera will need to be registered next year ,but with all that is going on around covid and brexit , then things can change, so i am playing wait and see, if you get the CAA Sky wise App its free any info on the changes and updates on restricted airspace ,or as today info on GPS jamming that i posted in news , will be sent to your phone its a great source of information

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dozerdan