DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

UK/Europe - No ADS-B support ?

ADS-B ok i dont have it on my EU drone, but hey if u think about it im better off without it..

dont u think that little device scanning ADS-B will run without taking extra energy out of your batteries? offcourse it does!!!

not even to mention the CPU resources it will take of your drone while flying

in other words it will drain your batteries faster when u have the US drone which have ADS-B on board..

so actually yes im glad its not implemented in my EU drone if u think about it from that angle. im i wrong or? i dont think so.

If you're concerned about extra energy consumption: you could turn it off, see video at 1:45

ADS-B ok i dont have it on my EU drone, but hey if u think about it im better off without it..

and here is why..

it doesnt serve much at all that warning, i mean if u maintain all regulations your good.... and 2nd and the most important of all,

dont u think that little device scanning ADS-B will run without taking extra energy out of your batteries? offcourse it does!!!

not even to mention the CPU resources it will take of your drone while flying

in other words it will drain your batteries faster when u have the US drone which have ADS-B on board..

so actually yes im glad its not implemented in my EU drone if u think about it from that angle. im i wrong or? i dont think so.

The energy usage of the on-board ADS-B receiver is an infinitesimal fraction of what the drone's motors use, and would be insignificant to the drone's range or endurance. I happen to run my own ADS-B receiver at home off of a raspberry pi and a RTL-SDR dongle, and this hardware uses almost no power.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman