DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

"Ultrasonic Module Error" since updating to 01.03.0400

Mark what did your report say what they did? Did they replace the entire Mavic and does it have a new serial# or did they change parts only?

What's the verdict? Is the ultrasonic clicking sound a hardware or software issue?

Hello DJI.... any news with problem Ultrasound modul error........................?

Mark what did your report say what they did? Did they replace the entire Mavic and does it have a new serial# or did they change parts only?

They replaced the drone with a refurb unit containing a new serial number, even though I received a quote for a replacement system board (covered by warranty), which I find incredibly sly as they make it look as though they're swapping out a component on your drone, which is simply untrue.

I specifically requested that I did not receive a replacement, even if it meant waiting considerably longer. Clearly they completely ignored my letter requesting this and they had the audacity to
return the letter back to me, along with my RMA and proof of purchase form.

I am not particularly impressed with DJI after this experience, evidently they are not interested in listening to the customer. I think I'm just going to buy from a reputable reseller next time and ask them to repair the drone on site rather than sending to the Netherlands, just a completely unnecessary hassle otherwise.

There is no one I know who can service them onsite - DJI doesnt provide all spares to people who service DJI gear - we got one in the UK and they told me exactly this - hence I contacted DJI instead ... will see when I get mine back ...

Reactions: Mark Comerford
There is no one I know who can service them onsite - DJI doesnt provide all spares to people who service DJI gear - we got one in the UK and they told me exactly this - hence I contacted DJI instead ... will see when I get mine back ...

That's unfortunate. :( I'll just have to get in touch with DJI and see what they can do and if necessary will have to keep sending it back to them until they get the problem sorted.

with IOS Iphone 6s I have error ultrasound modul
with Android Samsung I dont have this error

any idea...

with IOS Iphone 6s I have error ultrasound modul
with Android Samsung I dont have this error

any idea...

Not sure mate - at the moment I wouldnt trust anything, apps seems to be faulty, devices anyway - only thing is DJI cleared but even that will take ages - mine is still in repairs

Ultrasound Module Error with my Mavic as well. First appeared around the time I upgraded to .500.
Tried FW downgrade, factory reset, VPS & compass & IMU calibrations with no change in the error.
In the process for RMA now, hopefully the turnaround time has improved along with retailer stocks.

Same thing happened to me as well after FW update. And the ultrasonic sensors are making the clicking noises so they aren't broken per se. The bird flies fine... it's just this error. I wonder if there is a bug in the FW indicating an issue where none exists?

received my replacement roughly an hour ago - after 34 days - 2 days no delivery as UPS was unable to deliver the package where they collected it initially due to driver stupidity ...

new serial# - shows its been built on March 6th - had to upgrade to the latest firmware - whats already obvious is the fan noise is different - seems to spin higher than previously as its louder than before - and its not firmware related it made a bag of noise from start even before upgrading the firmware ... unfortunately it already has wear/tear while my previous model was still in pristine condition - will need to check the camera tomorrow as its getting to dark already ...

whats concerning is that it has this wear already though it claims to be brand new - doesnt have all stickers on it which could be due to the claimed flight test - however if the flight test caused this wear/tear these folks must be treating the Mavics like sh1t ...

here is the wear out of the box
HIzejpv.jpg

Last edited:
I too noticed my buddy's Mavic which arrived just last week has a louder fan. Didn't know if it was firmware or perhaps newer Mavic build.

That does seem like a lot of wear for a brand new one. Mine is almost a month old with plenty of flights and doesn't have any wear on those spots at all.

I too noticed my buddy's Mavic which arrived just last week has a louder fan. Didn't know if it was firmware or perhaps newer Mavic build.

That does seem like a lot of wear for a brand new one. Mine is almost a month old with plenty of flights and doesn't have any wear on those spots at all.
because its difficult to expose the area - only if you overhang or only unfold the rear legs this area gets exposed ...

I assume it's still safe to fly? The bottom facing cameras still help stabilize the aircraft...

received my replacement roughly an hour ago - after 34 days - 2 days no delivery as UPS was unable to deliver the package where they collected it initially due to driver stupidity ...

new serial# - shows its been built on March 6th - had to upgrade to the latest firmware - whats already obvious is the fan noise is different - seems to spin higher than previously as its louder than before - and its not firmware related it made a bag of noise from start even before upgrading the firmware ... unfortunately it already has wear/tear while my previous model was still in pristine condition - will need to check the camera tomorrow as its getting to dark already ...

whats concerning is that it has this wear already though it claims to be brand new - doesnt have all stickers on it which could be due to the claimed flight test - however if the flight test caused this wear/tear these folks must be treating the Mavics like sh1t ...

here is the wear out of the box
HIzejpv.jpg

That is absolutely shocking, to be honest I would be inclined to return it for a replacement if your original drone was in perfect condition.

DJIs repair process is shambolic and its seems they are run by a bunch of amateurs. Each and every time, they've sent my drone back in a battered shabby looking box with the gimbal locking clamp loose. I have sent my 'replacement' drone back to the Netherlands for the 2nd time this morning with UPS because of blurred fuzzy and generally low quality pictures, and video that looks poor when compared to my original drone. This is going to keep going back to them until this problem is resolved. I really don't understand this, makes no sense, it must be costing them a fortune in shipping costs.

I am actually now beginning to think it was a mistake sending my original drone back, I seem to have landed myself in to a bottomless pit with this.

That is absolutely shocking, to be honest I would be inclined to return it for a replacement if your original drone was in perfect condition.

DJIs repair process is shambolic and its seems they are run by a bunch of amateurs. Each and every time, they've sent my drone back in a battered shabby looking box with the gimbal locking clamp loose. I have sent my 'replacement' drone back to the Netherlands for the 2nd time this morning with UPS because of blurred fuzzy and generally low quality pictures, and video that looks poor when compared to my original drone. This is going to keep going back to them until this problem is resolved. I really don't understand this, makes no sense, it must be costing them a fortune in shipping costs.

I am actually now beginning to think it was a mistake sending my original drone back, I seem to have landed myself in to a bottomless pit with this.
I was considering it but apart from those minor scratches everything seems to work - so rather than being without the Mavic for 3months due to constantly needing to send it back I decided to keep it ...

I hadn't seen this issue again until this past weekend when I was taking off from a grassy area and it showed up again. Tried 3 batteries, restarting app, phone and drone multiple times and it still showed up. Took the drone back to the condo at the beach and took off from some shuffle board courts - no ultrasonic error. Every time I've gotten this error, I've taken off or attempted to take off from grassy/sandy areas. I wonder if that's got something to do with the error. I may send my drone back as I still have my P4, but I got my Mavic in Nov 2016 so I was definitely one of the earlier mavic production runs.

Want to follow up that I have an early Mavic and had this same issue after the .0400 firmware. It disappeared in later firmwares. I also had a crazy gimbal issue (it wouldn't look straight) that suddenly resolved itself (with no FW changes).

Not sure what DJI is doing but it seems they slip all kinds of breaks - and fixes - into firmwares unannounced. The good news is everything eventually gets repaired. The bad news is you never know what will happen when you upgrade a FW.

As of last week, 0700 (?) FW I am able to fly extensively with no issues. I changed out no hardware. It was all firmware.

Reactions: Gary Vaughan
Want to follow up that I have an early Mavic and had this same issue after the .0400 firmware. It disappeared in later firmwares. I also had a crazy gimbal issue (it wouldn't look straight) that suddenly resolved itself (with no FW changes).

Not sure what DJI is doing but it seems they slip all kinds of breaks - and fixes - into firmwares unannounced. The good news is everything eventually gets repaired. The bad news is you never know what will happen when you upgrade a FW.

As of last week, 0700 (?) FW I am able to fly extensively with no issues. I changed out no hardware. It was all firmware.
That's my EXACT experience. I thought it was me taking off from sand and dirt, but this weekend in Colorado on hikes and while 4 wheeling, I was able to fly perfectly fine.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bahamaboy242