DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

ULTRASONIC SYSTEM ERROR

Reactions
Hi,

Initial days of flying the drone was great & i am still enjoying it but after recent updates, i am getting this "Ultrasonic System error, land as soon as possible", image attached, comes after few minutes into flight. Not sure how to solve this but it is worrying, specially if the drone is far off or in a strict flying area like a forest. If any one has found a way to do the same, it would be of great help to share the solution.

Many thanks in advance.

Regards,

Jimmy

Attachments

• IMG_20180106_081504.jpg
    IMG_20180106_081504.jpg
    724.2 KB · Views: 64
Reactions: ChipFrazier
Hi,

Initial days of flying the drone was great & i am still enjoying it but after recent updates, i am getting this "Ultrasonic System error, land as soon as possible", image attached, comes after few minutes into flight. Not sure how to solve this but it is worrying, specially if the drone is far off or in a strict flying area like a forest. If any one has found a way to do the same, it would be of great help to share the solution.

Many thanks in advance.

Regards,

Jimmy
It could be that you’ve picked up some dirt on the downward facing sensors. I had this when taking off from damp sand. You’ll need to brush any dirt off as blowing only pushes it in further.

If you switch of the downward visioning system does it still come up? I have it switched off all the time and have no clue why I would need it. And I would possibly not get the error at all. Just wondering.

If you switch of the downward visioning system does it still come up? I have it switched off all the time and have no clue why I would need it. And I would possibly not get the error at all. Just wondering.
Anyhow, it would be great if DJI came up with a list of all possible on screen error and warning messages and what they mean exactly.

Reactions: ChipFrazier and rfc
I know this is elementary, but did you remove the little clear protective stickers from the forward and downward sensors? I didnt at first, but the longer they were on the worse they got. Look close, a lot of people dont even realize they are there!

Hi,
Thanks for the reply, havent tried switching off the downward VS, i shall do the same and get back.

Cheers,

Hi,

Thanks for getting back, there are no stickers on the mesh. Infact its only recently that i have got this error, initially never had any issues, i am using the extended landing gear, i am now wondering if the issue is due to it as i found out that there is no dust also on sensor.

cheers

I know this is elementary, but did you remove the little clear protective stickers from the forward and downward sensors? I didnt at first, but the longer they were on the worse they got. Look close, a lot of people dont even realize they are there!
Thanks for getting back. Yes all the stickers are off, even checked for dust. I am not wondering if the new extended gear i am using is causing the issue.

let me try flying the same without the gear.

cheers

It could be that you’ve picked up some dirt on the downward facing sensors. I had this when taking off from damp sand. You’ll need to brush any dirt off as blowing only pushes it in further.
Thanks for getting back,

I did check for dust but there is none. I am now wondering if the extended gear with spring action is which i put during flights is causing any issue. i shall try flying the same without it.

cheers

Anyhow, it would be great if DJI came up with a list of all possible on screen error and warning messages and what they mean exactly.
Hi, thanks for getting back,

I wish if that was a possibility but there are so many issues in such a complex thing , practically it would be difficult.

Cheers

Hi, i think i have finally got the issue solved, as some of you mentioned to clean the sensor, i did even though i found that there was no dust. I usually take off with a mat and land the mavic in my hand. Moreover i was using extended landing gear legs with springs on it, so during the flight i did get the sensor error. Therefore i immediately tried a flight with new battery and without the extension legs, i received no such error during the entire flight duration. I somehow believe that the extension legs with springs are the cause. Hope this helps someone before their purchase of the same and thank you to who ever responded to my query.

Cheers.

Hi, i think i have finally got the issue solved, as some of you mentioned to clean the sensor, i did even though i found that there was no dust. I usually take off with a mat and land the mavic in my hand. Moreover i was using extended landing gear legs with springs on it, so during the flight i did get the sensor error. Therefore i immediately tried a flight with new battery and without the extension legs, i received no such error during the entire flight duration. I somehow believe that the extension legs with springs are the cause. Hope this helps someone before their purchase of the same and thank you to who ever responded to my query.

Cheers.

That is exactly what happened in my case as well. Took off those darn landing gears with the springs and the ultrasonic system error went way.

I've had that happen and just brought it home, rebooted and it never came back since. I was flying low 4'AGL and cleaned the sensors when I got it back. Not to go off topic but I had thought is was I used a different startup procedure. Maybe it was flying so low over a field... just don't know.

Thanks for getting back,

I did check for dust but there is none. I am now wondering if the extended gear with spring action is which i put during flights is causing any issue. i shall try flying the same without it.

cheers
An individual posted in a different thread that they used leg extenders with metal springs and had this problem. They removed the springs and the problem went away.

I think there is something in the recent software update that makes the ultrasonic sensors function differently.

In January 2018, I sent my original MP to take advantage of my expiring DJI Refresh. I received a refurbished MP. When I received the "new" MP, I checked it quickly, and it seemed to fly OK.

Today was a windy day, and I was flying over water, so I installed my homemade pontoons that worked with my original MP without any problems. (I had a picture, but had to remove it because of a spam alert from the administrator! So, check out my avatar!) They are Styrofoam, but caused an "Ultrasonic sensor error. Land immediately." message whenever I went over 30 feet high. Below 30 feet, everything was good. And, when I removed the pontoons, everything was good.

I often fly over water, so, I will need to find a different pontoon design that does not interfere with the ultrasonic sensors. Or, wait until DJI fixes the problem in the software.

Last edited:
I get the same error on occasion. So far the only thing I notice is landing. If the error is on, the bird will slam into the ground pretty hard. I've found just to bring it down nice and slow. Once on the ground, I power off the bird to reset it and the error goes away. Does not affect any of the flight modes. Just a pain of an error.

I get the same error on occasion. So far the only thing I notice is landing. If the error is on, the bird will slam into the ground pretty hard. I've found just to bring it down nice and slow. Once on the ground, I power off the bird to reset it and the error goes away. Does not affect any of the flight modes. Just a pain of an error.
Same for me. I don't know what triggers it but it seems like flying over green grass, pasture or crops causes it to alarm. I've always been able to manually fly it back and land even though it says land immediately.

Same for me. I don't know what triggers it but it seems like flying over green grass, pasture or crops causes it to alarm. I've always been able to manually fly it back and land even though it says land immediately.
Once on the ground and powering down then back up, all seems to work fine. Don't get it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
piloter