DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Unlocking GeoZone...keep getting better but new problem...what do I do?

dwolfe002

Reactions
Ok, as a check, I went to the NFZ (blue) zone I want to fly in Thursday and sure enough I couldn't take off. So after applying for a self unlocking license and not being able to get the license application on the ipad, I asked for help here and later emailed flysafe. They had me apply for a custom license and that one never showed up either. After two days of emailing back and forth they told me to reload the DJI GO 4 app. I did and the license was there. I thought I was good to go. I take the M2P to the no fly zone after getting the license and an email from flysafe that told me the procedure for unlocking prior to flying in an area without internet. Well, I go out and when I turn on the remote it tells me I'm in a NFZ. Followed the directions at the NFZ for the rest of the unlock procedure and sure enough the M2P powered up and lifted off. To windy to actually fly so I shut everything down and came back home. Got home and decided to try to fly a short distance to make sure everything was still good. The first time it took off but basically had no control, M2P wouldn't go anywhere. Then when I shut everything down and tried to power back up, it wouldn't turn on. Kept telling me that I didn't have an unlocking request for this area but I'm in Class E airspace, no restictions. I have tried to turn off the unlocking license but it keeps turning itself back on and I cannot get it to stay off. I have tried syncing the aircraft when the button is turn off, I have synced the remote when the button is off, and I think every combination. Does anybody have a procedure for turning off the unlocking license now that I have finally gotten one and can't get rid of it. My Mom always told me, be careful what you wish for- it may come true. At 62, I've finally learned that lesson! I'm sorry I'm always asking for help but I've got a new problem and can't figure my way out...AGAIN.

Take care and happy flying!

Full reboot / Power off of the device would be a good step.
Check how many satellites you have locked.

If the positioning system has satellite lock then the area that you are trying to fly within which is not in a Restricted Area should be recognized and allow you to fly.

Full reboot / Power off of the device would be a good step.
Check how many satellites you have locked.

If the positioning system has satellite lock then the area that you are trying to fly within which is not in a Restricted Area should be recognized and allow you to fly.

I have a good GPS signal both inside and outside the house and have turned everything off and even rebooted the ipad but the license still turns itself back on. Do you happen to know if you have to turn the license off before leaving the nofly zone. That is the only thing I can think of that I may not have done properly since I had never seen instructions for shutting down in a nofly zone.

Thanks and happy flying!

Here is a topic on the DJI forum that describes the same issue you are experencing. The solution offered by a DJI moderator was to remove and reinstall the DJIGO4 app after capturing all of your settings that you have setup.
Expired unlocking license
I know its a pain right?
Remove and Reinstall to input your Unlocking Code and then have to remove and reinstall to purge the code. Kinda Ridiculous!
It would be so nice if DJI offered an Export and Import option for all of the current DJIGO4 settings.

Since the license is active for 3 Days I assume that one could just wait out the 3 Days and then attempt flying again.

Thanks BDOG! I had thought about waiting the three days but today is the best possible day to fly so I'm trying to figure it out. I did have to reload the DJI app to get the license on the drone and may have to do it again so I can fly from my house. Thing is, what in the hell are the are the buttons for if they don't work? I've seen other posts about flying in and out of a NFZ and they all say to turn off the license or turn it on. I'm going to drive back to the place I turned everything on and try to turn it off there and see if that works. If not then I will come home and erase the app and reload it and refresh the load on the remote and aircraft. Then wait for another day since the license is good for a couple more days.

Thanks and happy flying!

Got home and decided to try to fly a short distance to make sure everything was still good. The first time it took off but basically had no control, M2P wouldn't go anywhere.

See the instructions on the DJI site.

When you request an unlock you get a "switch" in the GO4 app. When that switch is ON the zones are "reversed" so you are allowed to fly in the requested zone but nowhere else. When you move out you have to turn the switch back off.

See the instructions on the DJI site.

When you request an unlock you get a "switch" in the GO4 app. When that switch is ON the zones are "reversed" so you are allowed to fly in the requested zone but nowhere else. When you move out you have to turn the switch back off.

I am turning it back off. The problem is that it comes back on as soon as I get out of general settings. Thought maybe I had to turn it off while in the nofly zone so I drove another 20 miles turned it off and it came back on. Then I turned if off and sync'ed the aircraft only. Closed general settings and reopened and went to aircraft and it was still off. Then I drove back home and restarted everything and it is back on again. Makes no sense to me.

Here is a topic on the DJI forum that describes the same issue you are experencing. The solution offered by a DJI moderator was to remove and reinstall the DJIGO4 app after capturing all of your settings that you have setup.
Expired unlocking license
I know its a pain right?
Remove and Reinstall to input your Unlocking Code and then have to remove and reinstall to purge the code. Kinda Ridiculous!
It would be so nice if DJI offered an Export and Import option for all of the current DJIGO4 settings.

Since the license is active for 3 Days I assume that one could just wait out the 3 Days and then attempt flying again.

Finally it shut off. I don't have any idea why. Performed the same procedures I had tried many times. I was trying to turn it off and both syncing and not syncing the aircraft after turning it off. I have probably tried it 15 or 20 different times for both ways plus resyncing the app which always turned it back on before getting out of the settings. There are two things I did different. I started it up on the back porch instead of the front yard and I glanced real quick at the map view. I usually fly by camera view. So, I finally solved my own problem but I'm still trying to come up with a technical answer for it. So far all I have is "I don't know"

What a pain! You even drove 40 miles round trip to try and resolve this? Thats some tenacity.

Perhaps Map View forced DJIGO4 to recognize that you were no longer within the unlocked NFZ. Unknown!

What a pain! You even drove 40 miles round trip to try and resolve this? Thats some tenacity.

Perhaps Map View forced DJIGO4 to recognize that you were no longer within the unlocked NFZ. Unknown!

Yes it was a pain.. It may have been worth it if I had found something new or figured out the problem. Possibly looking at the map view did cause it to change where I was but if so the software is no where near as good as I thought. If it needs that to reset the homepoint then it should look at it itself no make me do it.

Signed,
I STILL DON"T KNOW

Reactions: BD0G

Not done yet! I just turned everything on so I could try to answer a question someone else had in the area I fly. During that, I decided to check that my license was still turned off and it was. BUT, and there always seems to be one of those, I now see that the circle I could fly in, that was in a blue geozone, is now centered over my house. So just by looking at it, the license area moved and I don't know if I go down the street a mile or two if I will be able to fly there. I don't have time to try it today but I can't figure out why it would show up that way. Looks like I'm headed to your other post to reload the app. What a pain this is getting to be!

Not done yet! I just turned everything on so I could try to answer a question someone else had in the area I fly. During that, I decided to check that my license was still turned off and it was. BUT, and there always seems to be one of those, I now see that the circle I could fly in, that was in a blue geozone, is now centered over my house. So just by looking at it, the license area moved and I don't know if I go down the street a mile or two if I will be able to fly there. I don't have time to try it today but I can't figure out why it would show up that way. Looks like I'm headed to your other post to reload the app. What a pain this is getting to be!

NEW NEW NEW UPDATE! Well, I just saw an email from DJI fysafe which showed up on my ipad and not on my computer. The email stated they were going to send the problem to technical support and they would set up an area around my house so I could fly. So now I have a circle around my house that looks just about the size of the area I needed the license for that I can fly in but have no idea whether I can fly outside of it. I am in Class E airspace at my house. So I guess I still have a problem, I can now fly where I use to but now I don't know if I can fly anywhere else. This is getting rediculos. I'll reload the app tomorrow for the third time in a few weeks after I take it down the road to see if I can fly outside of my little circle!!!!!!!!! By the way, the button says the license is turned off.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boatdoc