DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Unlocking license in GEO zone

horizontal

Reactions
I am having a problem with the unlocking license. I want to fly within the secondary blue flight restriction zone near an airport, thus it is within a self unlocking area. I take the necessary steps to obtain the license and it says it is a successful unlocking. I am doing this on an iPad as opposed to the smart controller (as is says it cannot be done via the SC).

When I go the the general settings on the screen in the SC
on the Mavic 2, it shows the license, dates of authorization, etc. but when I take the aircraft out to where I want to fly, ( or even where I have wi-fi at home) the list shows that it is disconnected. I try to refresh it and then the screen shows it was “successfully refreshed”. Nothing regarding the disconnected status changes. I have tried to search the forum on this problem but have had no luck.

What am I doing wrong? Thanks for any ideas in advance.

I am having a problem with the unlocking license. I want to fly within the secondary blue flight restriction zone near an airport, thus it is within a self unlocking area. I take the necessary steps to obtain the license and it says it is a successful unlocking. I am doing this on an iPad as opposed to the smart controller (as is says it cannot be done via the SC).

When I go the the general settings on the screen in the SC
on the Mavic 2, it shows the license, dates of authorization, etc. but when I take the aircraft out to where I want to fly, ( or even where I have wi-fi at home) the list shows that it is disconnected. I try to refresh it and then the screen shows it was “successfully refreshed”. Nothing regarding the disconnected status changes. I have tried to search the forum on this problem but have had no luck.

What am I doing wrong? Thanks for any ideas in advance.
@horizontal , I am running android based Crystalsky so the Go4 app is slightly different, but confirm - after you get your unlocking license, you need to be connected to aircraft while it is turned on. In menus, go to General Settings/ Unlocking License. Make sure that your have imported to aircraft the license you have procured, and then - while on WiFi - enable it after clicking the Aircraft radio button. Make sure you click on the Aircraft button in the Unlocking License List and that you see your license there, and that it is turned on (radio switch). Otherwise it may be in your app, but not loaded too the aircraft itself, which is where it needs to reside to work.

If you've done all this and still having issues - report back and we'll see what's next.

Reactions: horizontal
Thank you for your reply and suggestions. I have attempted your steps but I am becoming frustrated: under the “unlocking license list” the license appears in the App portion of the screen correctly and with valid info, but when I push the “ aircraft” button it says “ no unlocking certificate “.

So somehow I am not able to bind it to the aircraft. Refreshing it does not change it either. And the aircraft is on and the SC is connected to WiFi.

The only other thing I could speculate about is the unlocking procedure wants the flight controller serial number which I have correctly listed; there is a remote controller serial number also but that is not what I used. ( incidentally why does it have a remote controller serial number when one has only a SC?)

Thank you for your reply and suggestions. I have attempted your steps but I am becoming frustrated: under the “unlocking license list” the license appears in the App portion of the screen correctly and with valid info, but when I push the “ aircraft” button it says “ no unlocking certificate “.

So somehow I am not able to bind it to the aircraft. Refreshing it does not change it either. And the aircraft is on and the SC is connected to WiFi.

The only other thing I could speculate about is the unlocking procedure wants the flight controller serial number which I have correctly listed; there is a remote controller serial number also but that is not what I used. ( incidentally why does it have a remote controller serial number when one has only a SC?)
Also the dates are valid as well as the status is “valid”.
@horizontal , you are correct to use the SN from the FC (aircraft) and not the SN from the remote controller when you apply for your unlocking license. I'm going from memory now as I don't have my setup with me, but when you are in the unlocking license list screen and on app "tab", there should be a radio button to the right of the license that says something like "import to aircraft". You need to do that first, then can click on Aircraft "tab" to see that it loaded. Aircraft "tab" will be blank until you Import your license from the app. Try that and let us know.

@horizontal , you are correct to use the SN from the FC (aircraft) and not the SN from the remote controller when you apply for your unlocking license. I'm going from memory now as I don't have my setup with me, but when you are in the unlocking license list screen and on app "tab", there should be a radio button to the right of the license that says something like "import to aircraft". You need to do that first, then can click on Aircraft "tab" to see that it loaded. Aircraft "tab" will be blank until you Import your license from the app. Try that and let us know.

My smart controller has everything as you describe... with the exception of no tab showing to “ import to video”. I called DJI and they related the same info as you graciously have explained. They want me to take screen shots of the messages that appear in the unlocking license list and send to their technical department. Again I appreciate your attempt to assist.

My smart controller has everything as you describe... with the exception of no tab showing to “ import to video”. I called DJI and they related the same info as you graciously have explained. They want me to take screen shots of the messages that appear in the unlocking license list and send to their technical department. Again I appreciate your attempt to assist.
Sorry to hear of the troubles. Feel free to post a picture of your screen here as well or PM me - I will have another look at mine after I get home. I'm curious what you are seeing.

Reactions: horizontal
Thanks to all your help and patience CNYdronepilot I am now fixed up. While I missed some of the photography I was hoping to capture with the unlocked license, I will be able to accomplish the procedure correctly in the future.

For the explanation...I was using the first letter of the flight controller as the letter “O “ as opposed to the correct way of each serial number being a number. The O should have been input as the number “0”. I was reading it incorrectly.

Reactions: CNYdronepilot
Thanks to all your help and patience CNYdronepilot I am now fixed up. While I missed some of the photography I was hoping to capture with the unlocked license, I will be able to accomplish the procedure correctly in the future.

For the explanation...I was using the first letter of the flight controller as the letter “O “ as opposed to the correct way of each serial number being a number. The O should have been input as the number “0”. I was reading it incorrectly.
glad you got it, @horizontal !

I had exactly the same thing happen to me - thanks so much for the clarification re the controller number! I got mine off of the back of the controller - and it was the wrong one. You have to get it from within the DJI GO app. Once I did that - all worked smoothly.

Reactions: BigAl07

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JReynolds078