DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Unlocking the full potential

Personally, I think it's ridiculous to compare Yuneec drones with DJI drones.

When's the last time you saw someone put a Yuneec in their backpack, coat pocket, motorcycle, bicycle, purse, or carry-on bag? You need a friggin' giant suitcase to transport a Yuneec, which makes them worthless to me. (Unless you consider the Yuneec Breeze, but the short 12 minute flight time alone kills that option.)

When it comes to drones, the Mavic is in a class all by itself, for now.

Unfortunately, when it comes to customer service, DJI is also in a class all by itself.

This why DJI owned 36% of the total market share of drones in North America last year. (for drones $500-$1000)
For drones $1000-$2000, DJI owned 66% of the market
For drones $2000 and up: DJI owned 67% of the market
For ALL drone prices: DJI owns just over 50% of the market, (this includes all the toy drones, where there are hundreds of manufacturers.)

Second place company was 3D Robotics, (19%) who quit making drones altogether.
Yuneec and Parrot each had 7% of the market in 2016, and both had job layoffs in 2017.

DJI has 1,500 employees who work on Research & Development. No one else comes close to that.

So, yes, DJI's Customer Service is often very poor. But when it comes to quality, cutting-edge drones, the numbers speak for themselves.

So my advice is, get a DJI drone that works well, and don't crash it.
(or always have a spare mavic on-hand)

Source: Skylogic Research (the firm that tracks the drone industry)

msinger, you were right but I was very confused, because the gimbal icon never displayed on my screen. Why?? Because my silly little iPhone 6 screen didn't have room! Those icons on the left are a scrollable list, but I never knew that! :~[

When's the last time you saw someone put a Yuneec in their backpack, coat pocket, motorcycle, bicycle, purse, or carry-on bag? You need a friggin' giant suitcase to transport a Yuneec, which makes them worthless to me. (Unless you consider the Yuneec Breeze, but the short 12 minute flight time alone kills that option.)

Unfortunately, when it comes to customer service, DJI is also in a class all by itself.

This why DJI owned 36% of the total market share of drones in North America last year. (for drones $500-$1000)
For ALL drone prices: DJI owns just over 50% of the market, (this includes all the toy drones, where there are hundreds of manufacturers.)

Yuneec and Parrot each had 7% of the market in 2016, and both had job layoffs in 2017.

DJI has 1,500 employees who work on Research & Development. No one else comes close to that.

So, yes, DJI's Customer Service is often very poor. But when it comes to quality, cutting-edge drones, the numbers speak for themselves.

You took the chicken by the neck... Stray to the point and so true. I love DJI products but I take with extremely care my drones because I know that if something happens that I need to send it to DJI is going to be a nightmare. We have also thunderdrones who is a member here who repair Mavics.

True that!!!

Fly Yuneec and you won't have this issue. They will unlock altitude restrictions with a written request. Will also have a 1 inch sensor out in a month or two - the C23. Cameras are interchangeable. Range is about the same. 6 props safe as well. It's just a much better bird all around. Stopped buying DJI last year. Not going back.
I gotta say though, when you compare build quality on a DJI vs a Yuneec, there's no comparison. I had a Yuneec Q500 and a few DJI drones... the Yuneec was made out of some really crappy cheap plastic and broke all the time. The camera was even worse, with the gimbal breaking easily. I would probably never buy a Yuneec again due to that.

Reactions: macoman
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000