DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now
My parents spent a few years in Oz before I was born. I sent your vid to my mum... You made her cry ?. She loved it

Reactions: christangey
Great, beautiful and wondrous video!!! At the 2:01minutes mark, was that Ayers Rock? I had a chance to climb it back in 1995. Spent two weeks in Alice Springs on assignment with the US Air Force. Best assignment ever!

Australia is so much more than the Sydney Opera House and the Great Barrier Reef, it is both a country and a continent. This vast nation is the same size as the USA, but with just 7% of its population.
Here is just a glimpse of the Australia you didn't know. Shot on both the Mavic and Mavic 2 Pro, see if you can guess which shots are which!

Quality of video is so good I could not at first viewing differentiate which drone was used? Editing is fantastic.

There are so many videos posted on the forum which could be more interesting and hold attention if edited properly and used music appropriate to the mood of the video. I'm going to reference your video to others from now on.

My parents spent a few years in Oz before I was born. I sent your vid to my mum... You made her cry ?. She loved it
Oh Dear, that's good...and bad! Glad she ultimately liked it though

Last edited:
Reactions: Lurch003
Great, beautiful and wondrous video!!! At the 2:01minutes mark, was that Ayers Rock? I had a chance to climb it back in 1995. Spent two weeks in Alice Springs on assignment with the US Air Force. Best assignment ever!
Yes, well spotted. It is the world's largest single rock, higher than the Eiffel Tower in the middle and 5 miles to walk around.

Quality of video is so good I could not at first viewing differentiate which drone was used? Editing is fantastic.

There are so many videos posted on the forum which could be more interesting and hold attention if edited properly and used music appropriate to the mood of the video. I'm going to reference your video to others from now on.
Thank you Marty, if you go here you will see a larger collection and also where some of the shots came from in "Unseen Australia" Aerial Cinematographer-Chris Tangey on Vimeo

Last edited:
Christangey, incredible how you've edited these to have huge interest. Have had a look at your Great Australia Bight video, 0:42, Talia Caves, not too far from my home, has been destroyed since you took that from a 'super storm' that can happen along this coastline. Where you are standing, is now a heap of rocks, the staircase smashed, the site is very off limits as there is one huge bolder up on the cliff edge not yet fallen. It is budgeted to be repaired, but huge costs to make WHS safe to even start. Presume you entered the "Woolshed".
Have a Mavic2 Pro, but still learning, a looong way to go.

Christangey, incredible how you've edited these to have huge interest. Have had a look at your Great Australia Bight video, 0:42, Talia Caves, not too far from my home, has been destroyed since you took that from a 'super storm' that can happen along this coastline. Where you are standing, is now a heap of rocks, the staircase smashed, the site is very off limits as there is one huge bolder up on the cliff edge not yet fallen. It is budgeted to be repaired, but huge costs to make WHS safe to even start. Presume you entered the "Woolshed".
Wow, very sad to hear, Talia is one of my very favourite locations in the whole world. But as you say things "can happen" and nature does what it likes. I hope I kept other footage of the caves while I was there for posterity, I'll go and have a look now. If I do I'll make sure the District Council of Elliston gets a copy.

Looks like I have got something a bit closer, Could you pass onto Elliston Council? Is Geoff Sheridan still there?

Attachments

• taliacaves.jpg
    taliacaves.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 16
Ok Chris, I am an elected member anyway, that's why I had so much interest. Yes Geoff is still there, although remotely from Adelaide ATM, family health issues. And thanks for that, I'm still learning, plucking up the courage to fly the thing everywhere. As a farmer, have done some tricky stuff videoing the seeder and sprayer, just trusting the Mavic didn't get run over. The drivers were incredulous at it's manoeuvrability.

Ok Chris, I am an elected member anyway, that's why I had so much interest. Yes Geoff is still there, although remotely from Adelaide ATM, family health issues. And thanks for that, I'm still learning, plucking up the courage to fly the thing everywhere. As a farmer, have done some tricky stuff videoing the seeder and sprayer, just trusting the Mavic didn't get run over. The drivers were incredulous at it's manoeuvrability.
I'll try and get up there over the next week or so, and take a pic for you. The actual cave, (the Woolshed), is still intact.

Yes if your first prang only involves replacing the props you're doing well! Just ALWAYS make sure you have GPS lock before taking off and remember if you are about to hit something just take your thumbs off the sticks entirely and it'll quickly stop (only in GPS mode though!) Next time I'm down that way I can run you through a few things if you like, but you'll do fine with practice anyway.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kramme