DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Unusual - Lost Mavic - Need Help

DownandLocked

Reactions
Situation - Flying a Mavic Pro using DJI Go 4 Point of Interest to orbit around a building recently destroyed in a fire. I had prechecked the area prior to initiating the orbit for obstructions but, obviously not thoroughly enough. Three quarters around the counterclockwise orbit, hit a tree that swallowed my drone.

Judging from the real time video, it seems that the drone may have stayed in the tree but not sure. I've uploaded my flight log.

I have the last location pinpointed but have been back to the site numerous times with several people and can't find my drone on the ground. The ground at that point is incredibly overgrown with dense 6' thorn bushes which is making the hunt very difficult. We have, though, thoroughly scoured the area with no sight of the drone.

The data shows the drone hit 70 some feet in the air but the thick foliage in this area make it difficult to thoroughly search the trees for the drone. So here's my question:

Since I know the lat/long and altitude of the last point, if I found another drone owner willing to help me search, could I provide the coordinates to him to show as a point of interest perhaps in Litchi to use as a search area for a drone to use to try to find it in a tree from the air???

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2018-06-17_[14-19-19].txt
    296 KB · Views: 12
First, here's the uploaded log:

DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com

Second, (not that it will help you now but maybe next time or for others that find themselves in this same predicament), but while you were still connected (actually you have to reconnect to the Mavic) and it had battery power, you should have tried the feature in the "Find My Drone" menu where you can make the front LED's flash and the aircraft beep. It would have been easier to see (or hear) if you were at the right location.

Reactions: DownandLocked
First, here's the uploaded log:

DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com

Second, (not that it will help you now but maybe next time or for others that find themselves in this same predicament), but while you were still connected (actually you have to reconnect to the Mavic) and it had battery power, you should have tried the feature in the "Find My Drone" menu where you can make the front LED's flash and the aircraft beep. It would have been easier to see (or hear) if you were at the right location.

Excellent info! I wish I was aware of this at the time. I'll use it the next time I am stupid and fly sideways into a tree.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
valter123