DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Update in DJI GS Pro - curved corners in waypoint mission

roflyer

Reactions
Hello Pilots,

I noticed that one of the features in the last update of GS Pro was the option for curved corners in the waypoint path. I tried to edit or create new missions with this option activated but I didn't see any difference, the lines still have sharp corners when I draw a square or similar route.

Anyone has tested this new feature? And can anyone tell if the drone still stops briefly at every point before flying to the next one?

Thanks!!!

Reactions: facasi
Once you enable Cornering Radius for all points, then for each waypoint you need to specify the cornering radius (they start with 6.6 ft. radius).

Reactions: roflyer
Once you enable Cornering Radius for all points, then for each waypoint you need to specify the cornering radius (they start with 6.6 ft. radius).
Thanks for answering! Have you tested it? Do the aircraft still stops in each point?

Tested yesterday. Now the Mavic flies a smooth continuous mission if you enable cornering radius.

How do it fare against Litchi, haven't used Litchi for a while, I'm on .500 firmware, and although I've had the DJI GS App, haven't tried it.

I can't answer that.. I've never used Litchi. GS Pro did the mission fine, although at this point DJI doesn't appear to have enabled waypoint "actions". All in all, I was more or less impressed.

Is GS Po only for Apple? I can't find it in Android store. I've been waiting for something that adds gimbal pitch control to waypoint missions like I used to have with the 3DR Solo before buying the Mavic. No matter how you tweak the sensitivity, manual gimbal dial is too imprecise during waypoint. Better to have it automatic and looks from YouTube reviews like GSPro adds this.

JC

Reactions: Nephiliam
Currently only on IOS. But I think Litchi will do this and you can get it on Android.

EDIT: I believe it is only for IPads. Not offered on iPhone.

Been thinking about trying Litchi, but it's $25 vs. GS Pro which is programmed by DJI and I assume its free? Wonder if there are plans to release for smart phones and Android. Also if just for tablets, perhaps will release for Android tablets too. Hope so. Thx

Is GS Pro working with .500 firmware, I tried it yesterday, created WP mission, but the airplane icon, top right, was not clickable. My understanding is when you click that icon, a pre-flight checklist comes up, then you can start the mission, but I can't click it, its grayed out.

I then deleted and re-installed the app, but no changed. Tried creating by flying and adding WPs, and by tapping them onto the screen.

There was an app update today, finally did get the mission to start, but started raining :(

Also take note that if you use corners in your mission, you lose the ability to perform programmed actions at each waypoint.

How can I upload my GS Pro flights to my flight list in DJI account ? Or to Airdata ?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magic31