DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Update your Adobe software or else!!!!

DaVinci Resolve is a video editing software. Photoshop and Lightroom are both primarily photo editing software particularly for RAW photos.

DaVinci Resolve most certainly can’t edit RAW files.

I thought you could purchase Adobe Creative Suite on single apps for a single up front cost but looks like they don’t do that anymore and haven’t for a few years(I guess I’m behind the times.)

I think all of us would love to me rid of Adobe once and for all but when all your technical training and experience is with one platform it’s really impossible to switch to something else. Especially Photoshop has absolutely no rival.
DaVinci Resolve is a video editing software. Photoshop and Lightroom are both primarily photo editing software particularly for RAW photos.

True, but you treat photos as 'clips', and can at least alter contrast and saturation, and there are many masking tools. So, while it is not as strong as dedicated photo software, or as easy, it does at least have some basic capability for photo editing.

Then, at the end of 3, 5, 10 years, what do you have for your $120, $240, $1,200, etc...not much more than me, and I've got $0 into it.

It's easy to get carried away with the alterations, and end up with something a professional would not accept.

True, but you treat photos as 'clips', and can at least alter contrast and saturation, and there are many masking tools. So, while it is not as strong as dedicated photo software, or as easy, it does at least have some basic capability for photo editing.

That is kinda cleaver I'll admit because it does have a decent interface but it still won't process raw files. Maybe the paid version idk but the free version won't.

And it still won't take the place of photoshop as a pixel editor unfortunately

That is kinda cleaver I'll admit because it does have a decent interface but it still won't process raw files. Maybe the paid version idk but the free version won't.

And it still won't take the place of photoshop as a pixel editor unfortunately
Agree on RAW.
Regarding the pixel editor, I don't know because I've never used photoshop, or lightroom, though I'm sure your experience is valid.
I would consider either or both if I could purchase them out right.
I realize that updates would leave my purchased version lacking, but given the amount of time I want to put into that art form, I cannot justify the relentless expense.
I do not possess the photo editing skill set, and I don't aspire to work for it.
I'm satisfied in keeping the workflow simple. Tweaked jpeg is fine for me.

For many people they didn't need to regularly update Lightroom which is why Adobe have removed one off pricing and forced people onto a subscription system. If they truly thought the subscription package offered value over the one off packages they would offer both side by side.

I've seen some people compare the subscription to Spotify or Netflix but I see them as very different, I only need to listen to one different album or one different TV series on Spotify/Netflix to justify their cost and I watch far more than that. Lightroom on the other hand I only upgrade every three or so years when I've bought a new camera that's no longer supported, that's annoying to have to pay £50 for compatibility but under Lightroom CC I'd have to pay £360 for the same usage with no better benefits over what I have now.

It's frustrating as I went to buy a new camera this year and found it's not compatible with my version of Lightroom so have held off the purchase to decide what to do. I initially chose Lightroom years ago even though I was not a fan of Adobe as it was well supported both in tutorials and software, it's going to be a pain in the neck changing but I'm going to have to at some point as I'm not paying for a subscription and given how well Adobe have done financially from this setup they aren't going to be changing either.