DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Updated "blue" charger and my thoughts

Just ordered the old style on Amazon. Cancelled order and bought the new one. Thanks for the heads up!

I love this charger. Charges three batteries at the same time faster than the OEM charges one. First time I used it I charged three batteries and the battery lights went off after fully charged just like they are supposed to. Keep in mind channel one has the most current, followed by channel two, and then three. So best practice to get in the air the fastest is to put the battery with the most charge on channel one.

This is great except for those who have the original... I should have waited.... LOL!

Great info just the same though.

This is great except for those who have the original... I should have waited.... LOL!

Great info just the same though.

The voltage and amp display really doesn't tell you anything you need to know. But it did clue me in to the fact that channel 1 has the most current.

Reactions: Xtreme Drone Pilot
Mine has arrived 4 days early :)

402eddc324a53e7e58547e7f56e134ed.jpg

Works like a dream all three batteries charged in less than an hour from around 25% to 30% left in each battery before charging.

Now I kinda want one as well, but the price is right at the point where shipping + taxes will cost just as much as the charger itself :( (at least if I'm buying from amazon.com)

I have used this four times in the past week to charge all three batteries and my RC it has work really well and charged everything at the same time within an hour.

The charger does not get very hot at all and neither do the Mavic batteries.

Reactions: OzoneVibe
I know this isn't a current thread but questions anyhow....

How does the display work? Does it cycle through the voltage of each battery that is charging on a timer? Just got one myself but haven't had time to play with it yet.

Hoping tomorrow will have some decent weather and can try it out.

I know this isn't a current thread but questions anyhow....

How does the display work? Does it cycle through the voltage of each battery that is charging on a timer? Just got one myself but haven't had time to play with it yet.

Hoping tomorrow will have some decent weather and can try it out.

Not sure what you mean about a timer. The display cycles through channels 1-3 showing volts and amps. It cycles through the channels even if a battery isn't connected.

Not sure what you mean about a timer. The display cycles through channels 1-3 showing volts and amps. It cycles through the channels even if a battery isn't connected.
Meant like it would show battery ones voltage for like 5 seconds then show 2nd batts V for 5 seconds, etc....

But thank you n you answered my question I think

Reactions: gvg3
One more question. Does anyone know the amount of wattage this charger draws?

I have a car DC to AC converter that is 200 watts and wasn't sure if that would handle the loaf this charger would put on it with 3 batteries and the usb' s going at the same time.

Oh boy, hate to rain on everyone's parade.

However, based on the picture in the OP, the case is not grounded, which was the problem with the earlier version of this supply. This is a safety issue and can easily be fixed, but as that picture stands, ground is only being used as a reference on the PCB.

I bought the "upgraded" prior version on Amazon, just a couple of weeks ago, because the article and reviews said that IT WAS grounded. I have used it, and have not had any problems with it.

Oh boy, hate to rain on everyone's parade.

However, based on the picture in the OP, the case is not grounded, which was the problem with the earlier version of this supply. This is a safety issue and can easily be fixed, but as that picture stands, ground is only being used as a reference on the PCB.

The OP does say that he tested this with a multi meter in the first two lines of his post.

Mine just arrived today. Original dark blue one. The new light blue one was a bit more expensive. In terms of charging functionality, I didn't think it'd make too much difference, so I went for original. I haven't used it yet, cos it came with a US charging cable, not AU. :(

Mine just arrived today. Original dark blue one. The new light blue one was a bit more expensive. In terms of charging functionality, I didn't think it'd make too much difference, so I went for original. I haven't used it yet, cos it came with a US charging cable, not AU. :(

Yeah mine came with a US cable but I had a few spare PC power pack cables lying around so just used that.

Yeah mine came with a US cable but I had a few spare PC power pack cables lying around so just used that.
Yeah. I just have to find one from a spare monitor. It's just inconvenient and now I've a useless cable lying around (unless I plan to travel to US).

I bought the "upgraded" prior version on Amazon, just a couple of weeks ago, because the article and reviews said that IT WAS grounded. I have used it, and have not had any problems with it.

Sadly its the sort of problem that might not show up till its to late for the user:(

Yes but remember the whole circuit board is completely isolated from the case and the circuit board is grounded via the earth pin.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Odnicokev