DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Updated "blue" charger and my thoughts

Did anyone come to a conclusion which aftermarket "blue" charger will overpack the factory LiHv mavic batteries on port 2 or whatever?

My charger won't go any bit over 4.35v But I hear from others that their unit does this (and I want to order one).

cc: @CyberNate , @lolo780, @MacIak, @chazz

Lol at no point have I said this is safe so no ignorance is implied... the fist version had not been ground at all...... this version has the main circuit board grounded but still not the case I don't see anyone claiming that the case has been grounded just that the isolated circuit board is now grounded that's all.
What you're failing to understand, Anthony, is connecting the PCB ground to the ground lug on the power cord is meaningless. It accomplishes nothing -- other than fooling the ignorant that the "grounding problem" has been fixed. In fact it hasn't.

"Ground" in an electronic circuit has nothing to do with chassis ground in the power supply. What we're discussing here is not child's play. While the chance is probably very small, there is a nonetheless real risk someone could be electrocuted by one of these chargers.

I bought mine (same design) 9 months ago. First thing I did was make a solid connection from the chassis to the ground. It's easy, you don't need to be an electrical engineer to do it.

Frankly, with the knowlege I do have as an EE, the charger we're discussing here scares me. Seriously. It's moving A LOT of juice, big power, which is a recipe for insulation failure, component overheating and catching fire, etc. etc. Safing the case was important, but I never leave the room when that thing's plugged in.

Last edited:
What you're failing to understand, Anthony, is connecting the PCB ground to the ground lug on the power cord is meaningless. It accomplishes nothing -- other than fooling the ignorant that the "grounding problem" has been fixed. In fact it hasn't.

"Ground" in an electronic circuit has nothing to do with chassis ground in the power supply. What we're discussing here is not child's play. While the chance is probably very small, there is a nonetheless real risk someone could be electrocuted by one of these chargers.

I bought mine (same design) 9 months ago. First thing I did was make a solid connection from the chassis to the ground. It's easy, you don't need to be an electrical engineer to do it.

Frankly, with the knowlege I do have as an EE, the charger we're discussing here scares me. Seriously. It's moving A LOT of juice, big power, which is a recipe for insulation failure, component overheating and catching fire, etc. etc. Safing the case was important, but I never leave the room when that thing's plugged in.

Thank you ever so much for reminding me I'm ignorant. :)

Did anyone come to a conclusion which aftermarket "blue" charger will overpack the factory LiHv mavic batteries on port 2 or whatever?

My charger won't go any bit over 4.35v But I hear from others that their unit does this (and I want to order one).

cc: @CyberNate , @lolo780, @MacIak, @chazz

Why would you ever want to over pack/charge the battery ?, not only is it not good for the battery, it could also be very dangerous.

Or am i missing something?

I got my new-model blue charger yesterday (detachable leads). the case is definitely not earthed. it will be this weekend. apart from that concern it seems quite well put together, my only complaint is that whoever installed the cooling fan was apparently a piano tuner in their spare time, I will also reroute the wiring so it's not under so much tension.

Those of you that have a "golden" charger that overpacks on port 2 please send me a picture of your unit so I can search and hopefully find one. I am on charger #3 with no luck.
Have you found " the golden charger " @beanbubba ?

You remember SpyXX on youtube ? He overpacked his Mavicpro battery to 13,23V . Must be 4,41V per cell.

mine definitely takes longer to pack a battery on port 2 than the others. haven't really looked at the peak voltage, I just let the thing charged until it's finished.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Odnicokev