Join Us Now

Updated Drone Flying rule in Dubai [june 2019]

Anasalali

Reactions
Hello everyone,

There is a new update from General Civil Aviation Authority;

دليل استخدام الطائرات بدون طيار
UNMANNED AIRCRAFT/DRONE USER MANUAL
● Your Drone must be registered before conducting any flying activities.
● Drone registered under your name is your responsibility.
● "أنت المسؤول عن الطائرة المسجلة باسمك"
● All UAE laws and regulations must be followed while operating the Drone.
● Manufacturers Operating manual must be followed for safe operation.
● يجب عليك مراعاة تعليمات المصنع ال نضورية لسلامة التشغيل
● Drone operations only allowed within the flying zones, not exceeding 400ft above sea level
● لا يجوز تشغيل الطائرة الا نف المناطق المسموح بها و بحد ارتفاع أقصى 400 قدم فوق سطح البحر ي
● With no exceptions, No Drones are allowed to be operated near aircrafts, airports & helicopter landing sites.
 ● Also, Drone operation is not allowed above individuals, public and private & public properties or in a way which may endanger individuals or their properties.
● Drone users are strictly prohibited from breaching others privacy. Failure to comply will lead to penalties stipulated in UAE law.
Camera usage is only allowed in the flying zones. Drone users must not violate relevant UAE laws while using the camera.
● Ensure your Drone is operating within your line of sight. You must immediately land your Drone if you see or hear any aircraft or helicopter.

Issue date: June 2019

Attachments

• Unmanned Aircraft User Manual.pdf
    846.2 KB · Views: 9
Reactions: Thomas B
... not exceeding 400ft above sea level
I would hope that this is specifically for Dubai, and not for the UAE as a whole. Since the average elevation for the UAE is 489', this would rule out much of the country.

• All UAE laws and regulations must be followed while operating the Drone.
    • I know that ignorance of the law is no defense, but...
  • Drone operations only allowed within the flying zones, not exceeding 400ft above sea level
    • What/where are the flying zones and hopefully they meant above ground level. I wonder how long it will take to correct that?
  • Drone users are strictly prohibited from breaching others privacy. Failure to comply will lead to penalties stipulated in UAE law.
    • Pretty vague. What constitutes "breaching others privacy." Probably stipulated somewhere in the UAE laws and regulations.
  • Camera usage is only allowed in the flying zones. Drone users must not violate relevant UAE laws while using the camera.
    • Since flying is only allowed in the flying zones, it is redundant to state that camera use is only allowed in the flying zones. Again with the UAE laws.
  • Ensure your Drone is operating within your line of sight. You must immediately land your Drone if you see or hear any aircraft or helicopter.
    • I agree with the line of sight rule, but immediately land if you see or hear any aircraft or helicopter? An aircraft can be clearly heard at 10,000 feet and can be seen from miles away!
It looks like a set of rules written by someone with absolutely no knowledge of drone use. Either bone up on the laws and regulations and zones and privacy etc. or leave it on the ground.

I would hope that this is specifically for Dubai, and not for the UAE as a whole. Since the average elevation for the UAE is 489', this would rule out much of the country.
The only thing higher than 150 ft in Dubai are the buildings. Abu Dhabi is not much higher but the elevation goes to over 5000 ft in the eastern mountains.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mountainmanflyin