DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

updated on 3/17/18 DIY controller amp antenna mods only!

so it comes down to how fancy you want to make it! if you want things nice and neat then a plastic box is what you want :)

cost wise for this would of course depend on what amps you get but lets say you went with the 8 watt amps and you uses the antenna that comes with the amps and you want to do this cheap ( no plastic box, fan ,etc) I would say 150.00 ish?? ( for amps, connecter's, battery) , if you have a 12 volt battery that would save you some money.

how much range would I get with the 8 watt amp?? that depends on environment you are flying in AND what type of antenna you are using! 8 watts should cut thru good :)

Last edited:
can you hook up a amp and feed it into another amp? NO you cant!!!! you will overdrive it!! and ruin the amp!!! look at the antenna specs for INPUT dbi!!

I should say technical you can with the right Attenuator BUT its not need in this application!!!

Last edited:
ok I added and updated all the posts!!! spelling, info, etc!!!

Last edited:
I would like to say this mod is not hard to do BUT you will need some skill ( taking remote controller apart, soldering ( if need) ,etc) getting the right connectors, etc so yes this is cheaper to do but may take more time to do :) a volt and ohm (multimeter) meter would be good to have to check things out BUT its not need!

So antennas "kits" that are being sold do have there advantages meaning all parts that are need comes with them! and if you have a problem per se you can call the company that made the kit :)

Last edited:
how big of a battery do I need to power TWO amps? well the specs don't say how much current each amp ( of course it also depends on the watts of the amp) draws BUT if one amp lets say draws 500ma ( which is .5 or a half of amp) then

4000 mah battery drawing 500ma would run for about 8 hours. So TWO amps would draw one amp of current that would be about 4 hours of run time!

so I am thinking a 4,000mah battery should be good!! to run two amps at the same time :)

Last edited:
What about bird side, any info on boosting it, different ant. etc.

Do you think just bigger ant. on bird would work.

Last edited:
Has anyone got any pointers (or experience) with completely replacing the front legs with longer legs and then being able to use bigger or better antennas in each leg? I want to get the drone up off the ground more (and I know of the leg extensions) but am thinking this may be a way to get better antennas bird side at the same time.

Has anyone got any pointers (or experience) with completely replacing the front legs with longer legs and then being able to use bigger or better antennas in each leg? I want to get the drone up off the ground more (and I know of the leg extensions) but am thinking this may be a way to get better antennas bird side at the same time.

I have not heard of anything, I don't think there are any parts like that. but I don't know for sure so I would ask that question in this thread

Aircraft Antenna Mod

Last edited:
if anyone want to donate to me a NON working mavic pro remote controller I will buy antennas and amps and make videos on how to installed them

send me a PM

I don't want to uses my remote controller cause its under warranty still so I don't want to take it apart in till the warranty is up but when I make the videos I will also post links to parts that are need to do a mod ! this way no guess work on what parts are need to fit!

Thanks

Last edited:

Last edited:
I will be ordering amps/ antennas, etc so over the next couple of weeks or so I will be posting videos and a how to thread with pictures :)

I will also be doing some tests with the amps and antennas.

Last edited:
soon I will be re-doing this thread so I can put things in order :)

if you find any info that is wrong in this thread PLEASE let me know ASAP!

Thanks

thread info updated on 3/16/2018

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
invertedloser